Boxing Day Dinner? 12/26/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Filet Mignon, Baked & Buttered Potato, Steamed Brussels Sprouts & Radishes...

Filet Mignon, Sprouts & Radishes.jpg

Christmas dinner leftovers of roast beef, lyonnaise potatoes and sautéed spinach with shallots mushrooms, garlic and balsamic. dessert will be cheesecake with blueberry topping.

Just a Salad

Roast beets, tomato, Bulgarian feta, creamy lemon yogurt dressing, dandelion leaves, and kalamata olives.
156 calories, 6g protein, 10g net carbs, 10g fat
IMG_20191226_175837585.jpg

The very last thing I wanted to do was cook today. My uncle has come to console my Dad, so I pulled a rump roast out of the freezer, blended dried cedar leaves/needles? mixed pink-black-white-green pepper corns, dried rosemary and juniper berries, kosher salt to make a dry rub. Stuck slits of garlic in, heated the CI DO at 450, cooked the roast for 10 minutes at that, dropped it to 325, cooked it for an hour, dropped to 275. It was perfect medium rare and tender. I made reindeer gravy from the drippings, served it with squash and baked potatoes. The gravy was delish. I used the last jar of the pincherry jelly my Momma made. Mind you, I didn't eat much, but my Dad and uncle gobbled it down.

Mom's Birthday today, Dad and I took her out to a local burger joint and then cheesecake at home, Tomorrow is their 60th Anniversary, prime rib at the truck stop (best I've ever had).

We were going to have either leftovers from yesterday or Picadillo. Then, when driving back to Lovely's from my old eye doctor (I still get my contact solution from him firt cheap) I was inspired to call our friends that we last saw when we met with them in the Berkshires last year. We ended up meeting at the Bob Evans restaurant in our old home town. Good thing it wasn't busy - we talked for almost three hours! Dinner wasn't as special as the visit, though. I had meatloaf with mashed potatoes and broccoli; Himself had a turkey melt sandwich with French fries. Decent food, better company.

Mom's Birthday today, Dad and I took her out to a local burger joint and then cheesecake at home, Tomorrow is their 60th Anniversary, prime rib at the truck stop (best I've ever had).

Happy B'Day to your mom, Happy Anniversary to them both and a comment about that in bold above..
One of the best prime rib dinners we used to enjoy was at a bowling alley in Fresno, Ca back in the 70's.. It was amazing... :ermm: :yum:

For our Boxing Day Dinner, we munched on honey bbq chicken wings and baked fries..

Ross

Fried bologna, scrambled eggs with onions and cheese, toast, and a small piece of leftover lemon pie. Didn't feel like dealing with a bunch of leftovers yesterday.

I made Vegetable Beef Soup last night for dinner
(to use up leftovers) and had a bowl for breakfast
also.

Leftover eye round roast, leftover burgundy pan gravy,
fresh mushrooms, 2 oz. each dry - split peas, lentils, navy beans,
tiny pasta shells, frozen mixed vegetables (I like the kind with baby lima beans in the mix), beef broth.

vegetable_beef_soup_122619_IMG_6559.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom