Breakfast Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timberwood

Assistant Cook
I was recently in Canada and I have to say, they have the most amazing breakfast sausage there. They are plump juicy and full of amazing flavor. I have no idea what they are doing different than here in the U.S. but they are delicious. Does anyone know what they do to their breakfast sausage to make them so good and what they are called?:chef:

I was recently in Canada and I have to say, they have the most amazing breakfast sausage there. They are plump juicy and full of amazing flavor. I have no idea what they are doing different than here in the U.S. but they are delicious. Does anyone know what they do to their breakfast sausage to make them so good and what they are called?:yum:
Where did you eat them? Was it a brand name product or did you get them in a restaurant?

Where did you eat them? Was it a brand name product or did you get them in a restaurant?
I ate them at several different restaurants. I was under the impression that must be what they serve at most Canadian restaurants for breakfast.

Someone told me thay are called "Banger Sausage" but I dont think bangers are breakfast sausages and the ones that I have had here in the US taste nothing like them.

I ate them at several different restaurants. I was under the impression that must be what they serve at most Canadian restaurants for breakfast.
It most likely is, although recipes can vary..I sell a pork/beef sausage that is flavored with sage..usually a fine grind using a small plate, and probably close to 60-40 lean to fat ratio..these are the common national type sausages..
Many restaurants deep fry the sausage now because it is quicker and easier, requires less prep, etc..this actually seals the outside and retains the inner juices a bit better..I've never been crazy about that technique as it destroys the oil in the fryer quite rapidly..but, it results in a different texture than frying it on a grill...

Last edited:
Did they look like this??

Attachments

• 50300-1-pork-sausages-breakfast-canadian-style-osa.jpg
    50300-1-pork-sausages-breakfast-canadian-style-osa.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 172
Following to see if we can get this figured out.
Typically the major food service suppliers are Sysco, GFS, and the others are similar..things here in Eastern Ontario might be different, but most restaurants serve those little sausages I posted..the cooking technique, as I mentioned above, might be one reason you found them so plump and juicy..

Last edited:
How do I post a picture here?

In the window that pops up to let you make a comment, there is a row of icons above the text area. If you want to link to a picture on the web, use the "insert image" icon and paste the URL. If you want to use a picture from your computer, use the paper clip icon to upload a file. If you hover your cursor over the icons, they will show text for what they do.

Back
Top Bottom