Can you recommend an air fryer toasted ravioli recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K9Buck

Assistant Cook
We just received an air fryer for Christmas. We've been playing around with it and we LOVE it! However, I threw some store-bought, refrigerated ravioli in it for a few minutes and it didn't turn out well. I then dipped some into egg and then into store-bought Italian breadcrumbs. The flavor was lacking.

I can certainly Google for a recipe (and have) but I would prefer a recipe from someone who has actually USED said recipe. :) Thanks in advance!

I can't offer any advice on the raviolis but I'm curious what things have you cooked successfully in your air fryer? Glad you like the appliance!

I seasoned some boneless, skinless chicken thighs and cooked them for 20 minutes and they came out beautifully. Crispier texture than baking, very juicy and half the cooking time.

I cut up a potato into wedges, coated them a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper and they also came out really good. Crispy exterior.

Then I tried a grill cheese sandwich using French bread from the local bakery and it was TREMENDOUS! The texture of the bread was firm and crispy and incredible! I'll never again cook a grill cheese in a frying pan.

I just picked up some chicken tenders that I'm going to bread with a Hooter's coating that I picked up at the supermarket.

I can imagine that cooking a hot Italian sub and then adding the tomato, lettuce, onion, etc. AFTER cooking it will be amazing!

In my brief experience, the air fryer opens up a whole new way of cooking and eating with textures and flavors that previously didn't exist, at least not in my world. Of course, I am an extreme amateur at this stuff. If there is another appliance that compares to it, I'd like to know what it is.

Woah! You are a good salesman. I might have to get one for myself. Which air fryer do you have?

For sandwiches, I like to use the panini press.

12 oz. Crushrd tomato
1 tbs dried oregano
1 1/2 tbs dried basil
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb hot Italian sausage
1/2 tbs garlic
1/2 minced yellow onion
2 oz. grated Parmesano-Regiano chrese
1/2 cup ricotta, or cottage chrese
4 oz. Tomato paste
4 oz water
Brown the meat and crumle in pan like for sloppy joes. Add herbs and spices and cook for 7 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cook for 10 minuted with pan lid on. Turn off stove and let the ravioli filling sit in covrted pan. Make pasta dough with 2 cups semolina, or bread flor. 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp. salt, and 1 large egg. After combining, mix until a dry dough is formed
Add more flour if needed. Roll 1/2 of the doigh into a large rectangle. Cover the dough with was paper and jelly-roll it. Set aside. Roll out the remaining dough into a large rectangle, making it as thin as possible. Brush with egg wash. Put a tbs of filling about a half inch from each corner. Placr a tbs more filling about an inch to the side of the first mound
Repeat going sideways, then down a row until the pasta sheet is coverrd with ewual rows and collumns if filling. Unroll the other pasta sheet and placr it on top. Press the sheets together between the rows and collumns, taking care to remove ss nuch air from te ravioli pillows as possible. Cut ravioli swuares and place in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove to your air fryer baking fish and cook accordingly
Serve eith rrmaining pasta filling, or a good Marinara.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom