Monday dinner, 1-13-2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Homemade chicken noodle and vege soup, garnished with crispy chicken skin chips.

Attachments

• 2020-01-13 18.54.22.jpg
    2020-01-13 18.54.22.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 136
We had garden salads and Naan pizzas. Himself's was heavy on the meats (pepperoni, sausage, and ham) with mushrooms, while mine was full of veggies ( spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives) with a little bit of ham and sausage.

I roasted a small piece of pork loin in the toaster oven, and used it to make Asian stir fry bowls with succulent slices of the roasted loin, and assorted veggies that needed to be used, along with Udon noodles.

Good stuff...

Slow cooker boneless beef ribs smothered in Sweet Baby Ray's.. Thawed some chili w/beans and toasted ciabatta rolls..

After years of not using a slow cooker, I'm really enjoying meals for 2 in my 1.5qt crock pot..

Ice cream was dessert..

Ross

I like the lobster ravioli recipe so much, I made it again last night. See pic below.

A few tips for you re: the recipe;

- If you wish to limit your salt intake, omit the pinch of salt mentioned - the grated cheese will provide enough saltiness.-

- If your completed sauce appears too thin to you, you may not have initially reduced the liquids sufficiently - so simmer longer until it thickens to your liking. However, this will further lessen the quantity available for the number of ravioli you're using in your dish. You can remedy this by simply adding more tomato sauce and heavy cream to the sauce.

- For those of you who might prefer a less light, more robust sauce, suggest you try the store bought rose sauce option outlined at the end of the recipe.
I usually buy Olivieri brand which will give your sauce a more pronounced flavor - my palate actually prefers it.

Attachments

• IMG_9258 Photo of finished lobster ravioli dish.jpg
    IMG_9258 Photo of finished lobster ravioli dish.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Roasted chicken legs and smashed potatoes with chickpeas, shallots and rainbow chard from the garden sautéed in the chicken drippings. Yum :yum:20200113_193927.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom