Can someone help me with biscuits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Decker87

Assistant Cook
Hi all, I'm new here. My name is Adam and I'm looking for some help. I think it's prolly mostly women here so maybe it's a little odd. But anyway...here's the situation. A girl I know (a 'friend') had a horrible christmas break...she got really sick then broke out in rash, and she missed her whole christmas dinner. Well I'm preparing a surprise for her and I'm going to make her a dinner. I already figured out how to make mashed potatoes and cook ham. Recook ham. Anyhow, I also know she likes this one kind of biscuit, but I don't know what it's called. But they are in restaurants sometimes...they taste good with butter, and they have like i dunno, sort of a rugged texture. They are extremely crumbly and kind of dry. I love them too...I really want to buy or have some of these too. I don't even know what they are called. Can someone help me?

Welcome Decker87! Only people that don't eat, or cook are "odd"! I live in the "south" and I can confirm that Bubba Gourmet's recipe and advice is "spot on". Thanx Bubba! We're all on the same team here! Well wishes to you and all! Sincerly, everyones friend always! Atomic Jed!

Alright...I don't know if that's really what I was looking for. I guess it's not soft and tender on the inside very much either. I found a picture that has what I'm looking for though: http://www.chickfila.com/images/menu_chicken_biscuit.jpg It's kind of like that, but without anything in the middle of course. PS: I love cooking because I love eating, and I have to leave ma sometime:P.

That bears a strilingly similar appearance to a McDonald's "McMuffin" - which looks much like a baking powder biscuit but is actaully coarser, along the lines of an English muffin.

Do a quick Google search for "Engllish Muffin recipes" - I think you'll find what you seek. Or go to your local supermarket and buy a package of them.

Better yet - since you've had them in restaurants, go to the restaurant and ask them what they are, then do a search for that recipe.

Biscuts

Hi Decker,
The real good cooks would probably shoot me but the frozenn biscuts in the can are really good and so much easier to fix when you have your hands full with the rest of the dinner.
Dove

Dove;
We would never shoot you...especially not when telling the truth. As I stated earlier, several companies make a passable frozen biscuit. And Decker? That recipe will make you a biscuit like those at Chick-Fil-A.

Hmm...so baking powder biscuit sounds right, i think. Maybe it sounds a little weird, but both her and I love what's in the link I posted and we both hate english muffins. We don't know why.

I think I am going to ask the restaurant how I would get them. I'm not sure..I'm gonna see if I can find baking powder biscuits in a can or in some other form. Cooking is fun, but eating is more fun.

Pillsbury makes a frozen biscuit in a blue/white bag - I think they are called "Southern Style" but they are AWESOME!!!! Trust me, grandma would be furious knowing that you could buy biscuits as good as hers!!! LOL

can someone help me?

Kitchenelf is so right on the Southern style biscuts. Just ask a Sourtherner about biscuts and they won't steer you wrong.

I'm amused by the inference that making baking powder biscuits is difficult or a chore. When BW is away visiting relatives (that I can't stand) or whatever, I often prepare a single BP Biscuit as an adjunct to my dinner. I don't measure anything - and they invariably turn oout as good as any - and that's darned good!

But I don't think they fit the description Becker gave initially.

BTW- I, too, detest Engllish Muffins. My Canadian BW loves 'em.

HUGE GRIN TO ALL! (so this is where the party is!!!) LOL! I cherish the knowledge and freindship we all share!!! Atomic Jed says, we're the BOMB! (cook on!) [/u]

Alright - I'm gonna see about hardees. And the pillsbury biscuits. Sounds good, but...what does BW mean? Every time I see someone say that, I get Barry White music playing in my head.

hahahaha Decker - BW is a form of DW, which is more commonly used. DW means Darling Wife, DH, Darling Husband, DS, Darling Son - and so on.... but oldcoot uses BW and I have assumed always that it meant Beautiful Wife - RIGHT OLDCOOT?????

Back
Top Bottom