Just made a loaf of whole wheat Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bama-Rick

Senior Cook
Freash out of the oven waiting for it to cool.
My Kitchenaid KMS90 broke down on Christmas Eve
and yesterday I rebuilt and regreased it so I made bread
to give it a workout...

One loaf of Whole Wheat Bread

Attachments

• bread.jpg
    bread.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Great! Glad you got your KA fixed - mine died on me, in the middle of a recipe, but it was something that cost more than it was worth, so I got a deal on a new one, even better.

Great! Glad you got your KA fixed - mine died on me, in the middle of a recipe, but it was something that cost more than it was worth, so I got a deal on a new one, even better.

Mine was actually in good shape with no detectable wear on any of the gears so I cleaned it up and regreased the gear assemblies. The problem with the mixer was the two 3/8" nuts which hold the rear motor housing in place had loosened and fell off the studs so there was nothing to hold the armature of the motor centered. Several other screws were loose as well. It seems Kitchenaid doesn't believe in lock washers.. But I do so I replaced the nut with the type with plastic centers which keeps them from vibrating loose. Mine cost a total of $1.39 to fix...

Now I'm sure the trusty Kitchenaid will outlast me..

Last edited:
Freash out of the oven waiting for it to cool.
My Kitchenaid KMS90 broke down on Christmas Eve
and yesterday I rebuilt and regreased it so I made bread
to give it a workout...

One loaf of Whole Wheat Bread

Would you please post the recipe

Mine was actually in good shape with no detectable wear on any of the gears so I cleaned it up and regreased the gear assemblies. The problem with the mixer was the two 3/8" nuts which hold the rear motor housing in place had loosened and fell off the studs so there was nothing to hold the armature of the motor centered. Several other screws were loose as well. It seems Kitchenaid doesn't believe in lock washers.. But I do so I replaced the nut with the type with plastic centers which keeps them from vibrating loose. Mine cost a total of $1.39 to fix...

Now I'm sure the trusty Kitchenaid will outlast me..

Thanks Rick. I never even considered to do some maintenance on my wife's KA mixer.
I am very mechanical inclined. Did you just look at it to see how to take it apart? Or did you look at a video or Google it?
All I know is I can see the brush caps on the side. So brushes would be simple.
How about your steps?
TIA.

Oh...what type of grease?

Back
Top Bottom