New Way to Make Butter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Found this out by accident. I had a quart of heavy cream in the back of the fridge, where the cold air blows in. Some items occasional freeze back there. The cream froze. I removed it from the fridge and heated it gently in thee microwave. When I went to pour some out for a recipe I was going to make, I got sweet, uncultured buttermilk, and globs of salt-free butter. Just as when you freeze milk, and thaw it, the cream seperates out for the water, so to with the cream separating out from the whey. All I needed to do to make butter was to pour the carton contents through a seivek and save the buttermilk for cooking (weet, not cultured), and wash the butterfat, and add a bit of salt. I did that with one carton. I had two cartons in the back of the fridge. Im still needed a proper heavy cream. I put the whole thing into the microwave, in a suitable bowl, and heated it until the butterfat liquefied. I then put it into the blender and and ran it at puree for 30m seconds. I checked it an it was heavy whipping cream again. I made Chantilly Cream to go with a desert I'd made for my wife. I whipped up perfectly into soft peaks.

So If you want home made butter, without the manual labor...
If you over-mix yur whipping cream, and turn it into butter, simply melt it, blend it, and re beat it into whipped cream.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom