Dinner Efforts; Thursday 2/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Crab Cakes with Shrimps, Horseradish Sauce, Roasted Yukons, Stewed Tomatoes with Okra, Leftie Slaw...

Crab Cakes & Shrimp.jpg

Stove top grill pan strip steak, roasted baby carrot, tossed salad with tomato, black and green olives, olive oil, red wine vinegar, house blend seasoning, TJ's everything but the bagel and mandarin orange segments.

steak_salad_030620_IMG_6699.jpg

I ran out of spoons. I did defrost the Italian sausage crumbles I made on the weekend. So, since it shouldn't take a lot of effort, Stirling is going to make supper.

Everyone's suppers sounds delicious!

Taxy, what did Stirling make?

I'm making this :

https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2013/01/20/193/

I'v got it simmering away on the stovetop with sides of my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee and Hawaiian-Style Fried Rice already done. :yum:
Did you just hear my stomach growl? :LOL:

*Cook's note:
I've pared down this recipe to suit a table for two.

1lb. b/s Chix thighs (approx. 2 large-ish thighs)
1 C Water or Broth
1/2 C Shoyu aka Soy Sauce
1 Garlic clove, smashed
1/2 Tb Fresh Ginger Root, chopped
1 1/2 Tb Beer or Sake
1 Green Onion Stalk, chopped

:chef:

Stirling made homemade hamburger helper. It was my homemade Italian sausage, which I had fried to crumbles on the weekend. The sauce was one of the Classico tomato sauces. And it was all added to some wholegrain elbow macaroni. it was pretty darned good with some good Parm grated on top.

I re-purposed some leftovers. Sauteed an onion, added a diced baked potato, chopped green chile and chopped meatloaf. With a side of Kraft neon yellow mac and cheese, which DH has been craving.

We had lunch out today after a heart Dr. appointment for me. We celebrated a great appointment, went to Costco and brought home lots of finds along with a tissie chicken. The chicky will be used up, but tonight we we just snacked with cheese and crackers along with a nice bottle of wine.

Reheated/crisped up leftover chicken thighs.. Had rice in beef broth and tomato slices as sides.. (really pleased with Aldi's tomatoes in the dead of winter)

Made a chocolate pie for dessert..

Ross

Made a soup from two different recipes.
Mainly based on a Chinese Poached White Chicken (from the other day) and Hot n Sour Soup.

I've made it twice now and have to remember to write down the combo before I forget... It was soooo good.

Attachments

• 20200206_140305.jpg
    20200206_140305.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 20200206_142647.jpg
    20200206_142647.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 129
Made a soup from two different recipes.
Mainly based on a Chinese Poached White Chicken (from the other day) and Hot n Sour Soup.

I've made it twice now and have to remember to write down the combo before I forget... It was soooo good.

That looks really good. I would love to see a recipe.

Everyone's suppers sounds delicious!

Taxy, what did Stirling make?

I'm making this :

https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com/2013/01/20/193/

I'v got it simmering away on the stovetop with sides of my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee and Hawaiian-Style Fried Rice already done. :yum:
Did you just hear my stomach growl? :LOL:

*Cook's note:
I've pared down this recipe to suit a table for two.

1lb. b/s Chix thighs (approx. 2 large-ish thighs)
1 C Water or Broth
1/2 C Shoyu aka Soy Sauce
1 Garlic clove, smashed
1/2 Tb Fresh Ginger Root, chopped
1 1/2 Tb Beer or Sake
1 Green Onion Stalk, chopped

:chef:

IMG_5407.jpg

*belch*
That was really good!

Back
Top Bottom