Dinner Friday, 2-7-2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I made a vat of French Onion soup - 10 cups of thin onion slices! :cry: Nice crispy baguette slices and real Gruyere cheese on top. Delicious!

First photo shows the cool, broiler safe Flameware bowls we have just for this soup, the second shows how the cheese was supposed to stay on top of the bread. [emoji38]

IMG_20200207_204115608.jpgIMG_20200207_204217469.jpg

It was every man/woman for themselves tonight. The staff at school had an outing to a ciderworks after school. So I had a flight of brewed cider (all 4 of which I enjoyed) with a BBQ chicken wood fired pizza that was excellent. The crust was crispy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. We had a good time chatting and having fun. That left DH and DS on their own.

I had some boneless skinless chicken breasts that needed to be used. I decided to give them a bath in a souvlaki marinade and fry them. Then, I decided that they should be cut into souvlaki sized pieces, so there would be lots of marinade sticking to the chicken. I had some leftover Greek potatoes from a deliver meal in the fridge, which I heated. I made a very simple salad of Boston lettuce, some shredded cabbage, a couple of mustard leaves, and some shaved red onion. I made a very garlicky vinaigrette to toss it in. That worked well.

vP3jJwKMx3tQobaPfrjJCbbM4xHXF_H1Ufp-neAdd7dgtb2XTRA4A-xGf5OmmO3bJx6FVvdgBoBFaPT9qbZ6QFiMb6iOnS_v2llSQGpWsU_95j5iUgEIk-5vAZp6I2qsbYeakSjs18q_dKG32aruj5iYUgf6U_Jm3J1CFD-uCKLcZiOIsZE6wv-hl6OPuZuwN-TNJL_Ap8lQdcTeSErxYgAAmo15MeH3EJ_Bf9B7oCjT7sIk5M5XCE0vvBqe0Rp1csc0x9n1UioTK9HDLS3lWilsZmtDRKY3EFwFU-OY7nIjezRYhKLomf-YwQVERFBb-rhZqDpURGaIJO1RWMHcVznDzooMtDNT6F9BV11rOeZHAR2_ABQ0m-bdDfIGFwACbgaz5nzH-vhkH3djgDtpnRVf-CTjVTDJWv33a_ot52POSCdNPWPWIdyM7rf6QoQOH04WT1SgU2UIKlsK_jExIcM7E9KrMRDF0kSvpoxJ-BCunUKj3CS5npKyHxSmSkF30FIcCToRsXrYSNj1RiW_UnqCXbfITNDF_WoG_x0bthGB1OPtK0Ciz6Jrr66HBBFR_MnTd7yYx1k85iLGk-Rj2J7_mC_N1YNJzoLebMlsh-46o-bL1XLIjVZSpkIgtt2MaTVneLLrrL6iJDz9oGzkND3bVBAROLmJXLegBd4hY3oRlz4mveb2XV03myVt1gU9qoH_-QK_K_DoE5-8ksf9iQoKbLBswueH8GcI7gLYwKcs_yI5DA=w847-h635-no

UMMMMMMMMMMMM Today is Friday February 7, 2020?

Chinese delivery tonight. Veggie & bean curd soup for me.

I didn't cook. I made burgers earlier this week and set 1/2 lb of ground beef aside for spaghetti. I DO NOT make spaghetti. I detest spaghetti. I ate spaghetti every Monday evening until I moved out of my parents' home. I ate my lifetime quota of spaghetti and don't think I have eaten it since. But the KN LOVES spaghetti. It is one of the few things he knows how to make. So he had spaghetti. I had cheese and sausage with kimchi.

GOOD looking and sounding dinners tonight!
Yesterday at Costco we picked up a 2 lb. package of flash frozen Orange Roughy fish so two frozen portions were the base for dinner tonight.

Bottom layer was highly seasoned zucchini zoodles (love those) with some leftover rice, then fish, with a sauce of butter/lime/garlic drizzled over all, and topped with buttered parsley Panko crumbs. The individual casseroles were cooked at 400 degrees for 30 min. in the toaster oven. Carrots with butter/lemon juice/ brown sugar/parsley was the side.

Attachments

• P2070062.jpg
    P2070062.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Today I made another IP dish - Mushroom Beef Barley soup. The soup was started in the IP, in sauté mode, cooking a mirepoix in some ghee, then added some chopped up rosemary and sage, some chopped celery leaves, some soaked and minced boletus mushrooms plus the soaking water, 2 qts of water, and 1 c barley. I salted it with some soy sauce, then covered, and pressure cooked for 20 min. While cooking, I washed, sliced, and cooked 10 oz cremini in a wok, adding a lb of ground beef and browning this well. I added this to the soup, when that was done, deglazing the wok with some of the soup, then added 1/2 c red lentils to the soup, to thicken it, and pressure cooked 8 min., letting the pressure release naturally. This finished the cooking of the barley, and thickened it just right. I served it with a little grated reggiano.
Mushroom beef barley soup. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mushroom beef barley soup, thickened with red lentils. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Had to run errands Friday so, we dropped into a new (to us) Chinese restaurant for a late lunch.. The food was very meh..

Springfield, MO has lots of Chinese restaurants, none of them wonderful.. I miss west coast Asian food.. :(

Finished the chocolate pie I made yesterday so, the food part of the day wasn't a total loss.. :yum:

Ross

We were supposed to have crab cakes last night to finish out our weekly menu, but Craig decided he wanted Mexican, so we made the long drive up to our favorite place. I had my usual of a mojito made with tequila instead of rum. Craig had some Modelo on draft. House made guacamole for an appy, plus the free salsa, mild and hot. Chicken enchiladas for dinner, Verde, the sauce was delish, for me and with a Tulum sauce, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chipotle, though he said there wasn't much chipotle, for Craig. A great meal as usual.

Last night was Comfort Night ! (Read that "Lazy Night")
Franks & Bush's Home-style Baked Beans, Air Fries, Buttered Carrot... Salad....

Franks & Beans, Buttered Carrots.jpg

I ruined my dinner last night. I marinated some shrimp, and I put a pinch or two of some old spice blend in the marinade along with a few other things (I was winging it) and all I could taste was cinnamon. I think it is time to throw away that old spice blend. lol

We were flooded in yesterday, so we had sausage links, roasted potatoes and onions, scrambled eggs & cheese, and sliced cucumbers. We were going to go grocery shopping and get Mom's hair washed. That happened today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom