Is It A Soup, or a Pasta, Ramen Noodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
chope 1/2 of a small yellow onion, or a bunch of green onions to fill 1/2 cup. Shred 1 carrot into short strips. Saute 1/2 cup sliced cremini (baby portabella) mushrooms in butter until they just start to soften. Add the carrots and onions. Cover with 2 cups of water, and add 2 tbs. soy sauce. Add 1/8 tsp. powdered ginger, and a brick of ramen noodles. simmer until the noodles are done, and most of the liquid has evaporated.. Add Scrambled eggs as a protein, and enjoy.

Tip, You can make a roux, sans the nutmeg, and thin with half'n half to make a good Bechemel. Use the butter from sauteing the mushrooms, or add some dried porcine powder. Add this to the ramen noodles as well. Diced ham, or bacon is also good in this dish, as is sauteed celery slices.

Any way you make it, it's quick, tasty, and can even be healthy if you desire to make it so.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

That sounds interesting.

I had a Chinese girl show me this take she used.

In a sauce pan boil the noodles half of the time called for on the package.

Mix the seasoning packet with about 2 TB of warm water. (it works quite well to use one package of Oriental Ramen and one of Pork or Beef)

In a sauce pan with a steamer, steam some vegetables such as Bok Choy, Celery, Bean Sprouts, thin sliced carrots, sliced water chestnuts etc to just
to the point that they glow. Add a few snow peas
at the end for only half a minute.

Heat a Wok quite warm and add a TB or so of Peanut Oil and add the veggies
to coat with oil for a few seconds and then add the cooked noodles. Stir fry this a minute or so and then pour the seasoning down the side of the wok. Toss and coat the food.

If you have some sesame oil add a teaspoon or two and stir for a few seconds before plating this. (this won't require a thickener) It is much like a lo mein.

I used to make this for a lot of girls I dated some time ago. Have Wok, will travel. LOL I had a lot of girl friends with this recipe. Hint for Valentines Day here. :heart:

I like to prep a wok of 3 Flavors Rice using half brown and half white rice with tiny shrimp, diced fried pork chop, and diced fried steak or chicken.

This can be accompanied with soy sauce and oolong tea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom