How much spice to put in meat to spice it up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
In another thread I mentioned how I had a Kebab with Halal spices at a restaurant ( it was vegetarian and they used impossible Burger or something of that sort and it was really good).

Anyway, I purchased some "Arabic Seven Spice mixture". which has obviously a mix of spices some of which are ( Coriander, Cumin, Cinnamon, allspice, sumac....)

The spice is in powdered form.

So my question is, if I want to spice up about 1 pound of Chopped Meat ( it will be impossible burger or beyond meat, but doesn't matter), how much spice should I used for about 1 pound of meat ?

In another thread I mentioned how I had a Kebab with Halal spices at a restaurant ( it was vegetarian and they used impossible Burger or something of that sort and it was really good).

Anyway, I purchased some "Arabic Seven Spice mixture". which has obviously a mix of spices some of which are ( Coriander, Cumin, Cinnamon, allspice, sumac....)

The spice is in powdered form.

So my question is, if I want to spice up about 1 pound of Chopped Meat ( it will be impossible burger or beyond meat, but doesn't matter), how much spice should I used for about 1 pound of meat ?

Its to your taste. That depends not only on your taste but on the freshness of the spices and the proportions ot the spice combo (among other things).

The only good way is to taste test.

So I would measure approximately 1/16 amount of the "meat" -- basically one ounce.

Guesstimate the amount of spice to use for that quantity of meat and carefully measure it (say 1/8 t or 1/4 t). Don't forget to also use some salt.

Combine the measured spice with the 1/16 meat. Turn into a patty and cook.

Taste it. If its overly spicy, drop the 1/4 to say 1/8; if underspiced to the opposite.

Then multiply the amount of spice by 15. So if your base measurement is 1/4 teaspoon, then the amount you want to use is 3.75 teaspoons. If your base is 1/8, then its 1.875 teaspoons or a scant less than 2.

I would take 1 teaspoon that is what most köfta recipes has but Kebab spice is another blend.

And seasoned fried ground meat patties, and seasoned ground meat wrapped around a skewer and grilled or baked. Usually beef and/or lamb since most people in the Middle East are Muslim.

What I had was seasoned " meat" wrapped around a skewer. I really enjoyed it and I finally got to taste what ive been smelling for years when Im in the city and pass by a food truck. ( was also served with Charred broccoli, a grilled potato with some kind of white sauce.

Attachments

• kebab.jpg
    kebab.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 102

How long does it take a spider with a wooden leg to drill a hole through a 2 by 4?

Back
Top Bottom