Official Dinner Thread for Wednesday the 26th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I have a condo board meeting this afternoon/evening so we're planning a quick dinner of leftover spanakopita from the freezer.

Care to share your plans?

Had a chicken meal planned but, we had a craving for PBJ about noon and that derailed dinner plans..

All we could handle, after the PBJ, was a can of pork and beans with sliced wieners added.. Just like my after school snacks in high school.. :rolleyes:

I did bake a brioche bread pudding for later tho.. :yum:

Ross

S&P, I can't wait to see your Bento Box!!

I've had the onos (oh-no's/craving/hungry in Hawaiian :LOL:) for Sloppy Joe's, Pickles, Potato Chips and Root Beer!

I haven't made Sloppy Joe's for awhiles now, mainly because that canned stuff gives both of us horrible indigestion :glare:

Then I started to think about it … after that kitchen fail with the Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes,

DSC01264.jpg

(that was awful! It went into the trash bin!)

why not try regulation Joe's, but homemade? :doh: Dunno why I didn't think of this before :rolleyes:

So that's my plan … and I'm stickin to it this time!! :LOL:

Last edited:
we went to the store today for just a "few" things. Two bags later... dinner is going to be baked-fried chicken pieces, mashed potatoes, corn, green salad with sliced cukes, Kalamata olives, baby tomatoes.

For those of you who subscribe to "Southern Living" magazine, you really NEED to check out their recipe for "Cowboy Beans" on page 117 of the March 2020 issue. Awesome. We had them tonight and they were fantastic.

My husband often peruses the recipes and indicated that the beans would be a good choice, along with the following roll recipe.

Yep, yep, yeppers, the recipe for "Orange Rolls" on page 128 is nothing short of morning sunshine. Another of Glenn's choices. Bingo, my sweetheart.

Holly cow!

That was excellent!

IMG_5504.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

I knew that I had watch a You Tube Chef John video awhiles back on this topic, and I found the recipe on All Recipes.com

AH-YUM!!! :yum:

I added some Hot Cherry Peppers to DH's portion and we each had a handful of Potato Chips, Famous Dave's Signature Spicy Pickle Chips and a Henry Weinhard's Root Beer, ice cold. :heart:

AND so far so good, no indigestion ;)

Desert later will be Orange Jell-o with canned Mandarin Oranges added and some Reddi-Wip on top :)

I'm on my own for supper tonight. I heated some already cooked brown basmati rice and had it with an Indian "ready meal" of Madras lentils. I got hungry an hour later. So, I fried some bacon, then sautéed some baby rainbow chard in the bacon fat and finally fried an egg. Now, that was satisfying. It was pretty low carb too.

We went out for a late lunch with my cousins from out of town (from Montrose,MI - they are building a house a town over from us) and the restaurant had ham & cabbage on the buffet. So that's what we had, with boiled potatoes and corn bread on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom