March 6 2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin86

Senior Cook
Working from home today so bacon eggs and garlic toast for brunch.

But I brought in a pork bone and have a big can of hienz maple brown beans. Low slow easy chill day ahead.

The meaty bone is thawing out then I’ll roast it maybe with a diced onion then dump in the can of beans to tenderize the meat. Low and slow in the oven then pull out the bone shred meat mix and serve.

What ru guys up to today?

Planning on leftovers tonight. We'll have some of Kayelle's Greek Chicken Thighs with Orzo and a veggie.

We will have a mixture of taco seasoned ground round and mac and cheese..
Tomato, red onion, avocado slices will be the side..

Brownies for later..

Ross

I'm making a favorite of ours,
Grilled Teriyaki B/S Chicken Thighs
My Quick Cucumber Kimchi
and the very present steamed White Rice w/Shoyu and Furikake
:yum:
Did ya hear my stomach growl?
IMG_4733.jpg
(file photo sans the Shoyu & Furikake)

Last edited:
Shrimp boil with new potatoes, corn (cut off cobb after cooking), andouille, and onions.

Attachments

• 2020-03-06 17.35.00.jpg
    2020-03-06 17.35.00.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 81
Grilled Rib Eye, Grilled Baby Peppers, Baked BBQ Onion, Asparagus Spears, Air Fries, and a Salad...
(Steak & Eggs for tomorrow's Breakfast !)

Rig Eye, Baked Onion.jpg

We had an early dinner down by the beach at Aloha, our favorite restaurant at our favorite table with a beautiful view of the Promenade, the pier and Surfer's Point. It's always fun watching the dog walkers, surfers and folks having fun in the sun. What a glorious day down there today and their Fish and Chips are the best anywhere. We always get their special house salads too, and the Mango Vinaigrette is delicious.

We ordered from Thai Express. They really screwed up that delivery. The driver's car broke down and they didn't bother to tell us. They promised 45 minutes, but it usually takes less time. It took almost two hours. And, it wasn't as warm as it should have been, even though they either reheated it or gave us new servings. Plus, instead of a large tom yum soup, we got a small. I nuked the soup for DH. It was enough for him, he is feeling under the weather. My pad see ew had no heat (spice level) whatsoever, but was still okay. It would have been so much nicer if they had phoned to tell me that the driver was having car trouble, so there would be a delay, instead of telling me that it would be here in a few minutes, when I phoned.

Last edited:
Ugh, Taxy....I hope you got a coupon for a free meal or didn't have to pay for the one you got that was so late. :ohmy: Hope DH feels better soon.

Daughter, grandson and I had a repeat of a taco salad - still have the seasoned ground beef to use up. The weather is warming up here and salads are tasting especially good now. :yum:

Ugh, Taxy....I hope you got a coupon for a free meal or didn't have to pay for the one you got that was so late. :ohmy: Hope DH feels better soon.

Daughter, grandson and I had a repeat of a taco salad - still have the seasoned ground beef to use up. The weather is warming up here and salads are tasting especially good now. :yum:

We got a discount.

We had 3-greens salads with radishes, carrots, cukes, olives, yellow bell pepper, tomatoes, and sunflower seeds. Also, bowties! with sauteed Vidalia onion and mushrooms added to doctored up Aldi Alfredo sauce.
IMG_20200306_213101028.jpgIMG_20200306_215451117.jpg

DH and I went out for Mexican last night. We shared a fajita platter with steak, shrimp and chicken with all the fixings - rice & refried beans, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and flour tortillas. I had a margarita, on the rocks with salt, and he had an El Guapo beer. Good stuff :zorro:

Back
Top Bottom