What's on the Menu Saturday 3/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
..... I needed the oven for the Breasts, so I attempted the veggies in the Air Fryer....... Obviously it requires some adjusting..... Heat level / Time... or both.... will work on that, as the product today has a bit too much char...

Montreal-Seasoned Baked Split Chicken Breast, Mashed Reds w/ Roasted Garlic, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts & radishes, and the ever-lurking Side Salad...

Chicken Breast, Montreal Seasoned.jpg

A dish I've not made, yet ;)
I have some already cooked Shrimp in the deep freeze
and some leftover White Rice that I deliberately
let go stale and hard.
:chef:

I never have the forethought to cook rice the day before for fried rice so Just cook it the day of and spread it out on a quarter-sheet pan and refrigerate or freeze it. Same result as pre-cooking.

I never have the forethought to cook rice the day before for fried rice so Just cook it the day of and spread it out on a quarter-sheet pan and refrigerate or freeze it. Same result as pre-cooking.

And then for myself, I notoriously cook far too much Rice each time in my handy-dandy-cheap-o Rice Cooker from Walmart.
I never measure, I simple pour, wash, and then use the "Mount Fuji" method to measure the water.
Leftovers go into the `fridge the next morning or so, still in the pot, to dry out farther, then into zip-top baggies and into the deep freeze for later. I must have 2-3 bags waiting their turn to become Fried Rice.

It could be just me, but I think "Chicken 'n Noodles" is a whole different ball game than "Chicken Noodle Soup". At any rate, I've been wanting a gravy rich thick bowl of pure comfort food.."Chicken 'n Noodles" and it turned out great. Yumm Yumm..

Attachments

• P3070047.jpg
    P3070047.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 88
  • P3070049.jpg
    P3070049.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 86
TVP-on-plate-2048x1365.jpg

A vegetarian sloppy joe. https://jamesstrange.com/spicy-tvp-sloppy-joes-recipe/

Last night it was the humble pork meatball Banh Mi.

36788-albums1144-picture8207-jpg.38507

Spicy mayo, meatballs, carrot/radish slaw (usually use daikon, but had radish on hand), fresh cilantro/coriander leaves and I had thinly sliced jalapeno and Fresno chilis on mine. Made a 2-1/2 batches of meatballs, freezing some uncooked for next time. Bread was store bought from Publix bakery. I've also made sliders with the meatball mix and fixings.

We had our Saturday staple of potato, onion, and kielbasa soup for lunch. Grilled ham & cheese sandwiches with side salads for supper.

Last night was rotisserie chicken and tossed green salad.

I made corned beef so Dad could have a Rueben--side was a crab pasta salad and potato chips. Mom loved Ruebens.

Looking for a good pastrami recipe that is tried and true.
Had some yesterday and today. So good!

Any suggestions?

IMG_4182.jpg

Yesterday, Stirling cooked the frozen tortellini and added the pasta sauce. I made a salad and vinaigrette to go with it. The salad had Boston lettuce, green crisp lettuce, celery, carrot, red onion, cabbage, a few leaves of mustard greens and some of sorrel. That was a very tasty salad, if I do say so myself. Oh yeah, and topped with alfalfa sprouts.

Attachments

• IMG_20200307_200309.jpg
    IMG_20200307_200309.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 76
Reminded by Andy's dinner Friday night, on Saturday, I made Kayelle’s Greek Thighs with Orzo. I only had Meyer lemons, and not enough of those to get enough juice and slice one, so I zested one and put that in the broth-lemon juice mixture - at least 1 tablespoon. I also seasoned the thighs under and over the skin with Penzeys Greek Seasoning. I didn't have a lot of that left, so I added granulated garlic and dried oregano to the liquid, too.

Cooking the orzo in the tangy, savory lemon broth really makes the dish delicious :yum: Served with a salad on the side (not shown) and a roll made with no-knead bread dough. Thanks again Kayelle [emoji813]
2020-03-09-16-51-17.jpeg

Last edited:
Reminded by Andy's dinner Friday night, on Saturday, I made Kayelle’s Greek Thighs with Orzo. I only had Meyer lemons, and not enough of those to get enough juice and slice one, so I zested one and put that in the broth-lemon juice mixture - at least 1 tablespoon. I also seasoned the thighs under and over the skin with Penzeys Greek Seasoning. I didn't have a lot of that left, so I added granulated garlic and dried oregano to the liquid, too.

Cooking the orzo in the tangy, savory lemon broth really makes the dish delicious :yum: Served with a salad on the side (not shown) and a roll made with no-knead bread dough. Thanks again Kayelle [emoji813]
View attachment 39620

Thanks for my huge :D GG. I'm so glad you liked it, and by the way, the only lemons I ever have are Meyer from my now loaded tree. Wish I could share them with you and everyone. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom