Your favorite sea scallop recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I am making sea scallops for dinner tonight. I am looking for your favorite recipe. I typically broil them with butter, canolla oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a bit of breadcrumbs.

Whoops, I didnt see Sierra's thread below asking this same question. I'll take a peak in there.

Last edited:
I like going simple. I broil them plain. To finish I will sprinkle with some sea salt and maybe a touch of butter at most.

I love them scampi style. Just saute them in a bit of olive oil, butter, garlic, and the herbs of your choice (I like S&P with a tad of thyme) until they're nicely browned, then splash them with white wine. Burn the alcohol out, then add a spoonful of capers. I used to then serve them on a bed of cappellini, but since Atkins I just have veggies on the side.

Mmmm...I love scallops!:chef:

I have not tried this yet, but I saw this recipe the other day and it sounded great. It was for Sea Scallops with Papaya Salsa.

Grill the scallops and serve with the salsa which has 1 ripe papaya, 1/2 a red onion, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice.

I lightly pan fry with just butter and garlic salt. The scallops taste is fairly subtle and I think that I lose it if I add too many things..

Scallops are also great in chowders and stews, chopped and added to egg-roll filling, lightly breaded and deep-fried, dipped in garlic butter and broiled, or coated in a tempura batter and deep-fried, then served up with lemon sauce.

Here's a quick and great recipe for tempura batter.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup AP Flour
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1 egg
1 tbs. double-acting baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbs. sugar
3/4 cup plus 1 tbs water.

Combine dry ingredients then add egg and water. Mix with a wire whisk until smooth.

Dip the scallops in and fry until golden brown. Maybe dip small mushroom caps in and serve on the side.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom