Creamiest foolproof fudge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I looked up a host of fudge recipes and decided to try my hand at making a very creamy fudge. I succeeded. This was the easiest creamy fudge I have ever made, and it is basically foolproof. The only thing is that it is almost too soft at room temp., and so needs to be served chilled, or as a filling for chocolate candies. I'll give you the ingredients for the three variations I made. They all came out creamier than any fudge I have purchased, and we have some very famous fudge shops in both the U.P., and around the Mackinac bridge.

I made some variations to the original recipe to make it some out so silky smooth.

1 14 oz. can sweetened, condensed milk.
2 cups Ghiradelli 70% cocoa chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup Coconut oill
1/8 cup heavy cream

Heat cream and sweetened, condensed milk until it is steaming. REmove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients until smooth. Transfer all to a blender and blened for thirty seconds to homogenize the ingredients together. If you don't do this, the coconut oil will separate and harden on top. Pour into a parchment paper lined 9 inch squate pan.

If you want a firmer fude, increase the chocolate chips by /2 cup.

Alternate flavors:

1. Puree 1/2 cup frozen raspberries and add blend into the fudge
2. Add 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter to fudge and blend in
3. Use white chocolate and add /2 cup maple syrup
4. Use white chocolate and nut pieces, i.e. Macadamia nuts, cashews, pecans, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, etc.
5. To the dark chocolate variety, add dried cherries, or blueberries.

The dark chocolate with raspberry mixture would be great if made into little balls, froze, and enrobed in tempered coverture chocolate. This fudge at room temperature is really better suited as a super creamy candy filling. If made with white chocolate, you could add orange, raspberry, strawberry, pineapple, or whatever flavor extract you wanted to make delicious homemade candies.

You've got to try this fudge. I was blown away at the results, as were the guests we fed tonight.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I've always favored the Kraft Fantasy Fudge recipe myself.

Awhile back a place that sold various stone materials near me went out of business. I talked the foreman out of a piece of left over granite counter top that was about 1 1/2 thick and 30 x 30 inches square. I used it to make fudge on during the holidays.

This recipe was once on the Jet Puffed marshmallow cream jars. For chocolate fudge I generally use pecans in place of walnuts if I use nuts in it.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/228782/the-original-fantasy-fudge/

Last edited:
I've always favored the Kraft Fantasy Fudge recipe myself.

Awhile back a place that sold various stone materials near me went out of business. I talked the foreman out of a piece of left over granite counter top that was about 1 1/2 thick and 30 x 30 inches square. I used it to make fudge on during the holidays.

This recipe was once on the Jet Puffed marshmallow cream jars. For chocolate fudge I generally use pecans in place of walnuts if I use nuts in it.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/228782/the-original-fantasy-fudge/

I compared the recipes for See's Fudge, and the Kraft Fantasy Fudge. They are the same. It's how my wife makes fudge. The fudge recipe I just posted is creamier, and with a little extra coconut oil added, makes a delectable candy filling, melt in your mouth creamy and soft.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Very good Chief ! I've got the coconut oil, so I'll try yours on the next batch.

I've only found See's when I was out of town but there was no fudge, just chocolate candy. Good stuff too.

I've been looking for something like that which when it is thin enough could be piped onto a cake for decoration. I'd be using a Swiss Meringue (or 7 minute)
frosting on the cake itself.

Back
Top Bottom