Official Dinner Thread for Monday the 16th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
On this bright and sunny but relatively cold day we're having a dinner of chili con carne and corn muffins with a side salad.

What's going to be on your socially distant table today?

We recently subscribed to Misfits Market and are more than pleased.

As a result, we'll be having broccoli "coins" to make use of the wonderfully thick stems of the broccoli we received, having already eaten the crown. Main dish will be chicken breasts stuffed with fresh thyme. Opening the box and smelling the fragrance of the thyme was awesome. Pickled red beets (also Misfits) as another side and blueberry pie for dessert.

Shrimp & Scallops Alfredo over P.A.Dutch Egg Noodles.....

Shrimp & Scallops Alfredo.jpg

Crab ravioli made with what was leftover the last time we had stone crab claws with a red bell pepper sauce. Garden salad before.

Attachments

• 2020-03-16 19.32.02.jpg
    2020-03-16 19.32.02.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 83

As a result, we'll be having broccoli "coins" to make use of the wonderfully thick stems of the broccoli we received, having already eaten the crown. Main dish will be chicken breasts stuffed with fresh thyme. Opening the box and smelling the fragrance of the thyme was awesome. Pickled red beets (also Misfits) as another side and blueberry pie for dessert.

I've dont that a few times and also got a surprise box for my daughter. Its fun. Its kinda like chopping yourself when you receive the box.

As far as what I had tonight, Spring rolls and Egg foo Young using Just Eggs

Inspired by CG's supper several nights ago, I made chicken piccata and served it over whole grain penne. We also had a green salad. I am really liking the addition of sorrel and mustard greens to the salad. Homemade vinaigrette as usual. I would have taken pictures, but by the time I made a mess of serving it, it wasn't very photogenic. It was still tasty and will go into our rotation.

Thanks for another recommendation, Katie. Just subscribed to Misfits Market and my first delivery might be this Saturday. With the confirmation of first order was a request for referrals. If a new subscriber uses the code COOKWME-PH8QTO they get a 25% discount their first box and I get 25% off my next one.

So if you're tempted to join, feel free to use the code I mentioned above or ask Katie for hers. I'd of asked her for it if I knew about it beforehand.

Inspired by CG's supper several nights ago, I made chicken piccata...

Aw, thanks taxy! I love piccata sauce no matter what the protein is.

We nibbled on a relish selection while waiting for the corned beef and cabbage to cook. In my case, though, it's more like corned beef and carrots. Still waiting for dinner to settle before I have my dessert of rye bread with some of the potlikker. IMG_20200316_193018480.jpgIMG_20200316_212043885.jpg

Thanks for another recommendation, Katie. Just subscribed to Misfits Market and my first delivery might be this Saturday. With the confirmation of first order was a request for referrals. If a new subscriber uses the code COOKWME-PH8QTO they get a 25% discount their first box and I get 25% off my next one.

So if you're tempted to join, feel free to use the code I mentioned above or ask Katie for hers. I'd of asked her for it if I knew about it beforehand.

We are more than pleased. I'd give you my code, too. Love Misfits.

Pastelon (Puerto Rican Lasagna)

tonight was Pastelon (Puerto Rican Lasagna) along with leftover homemade cakes from the last couples of days. :)

Attachments

• IMG_7404.jpg
    IMG_7404.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7422.jpg
    IMG_7422.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7434.jpg
    IMG_7434.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom