Free cooking classes from Milk Street

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
I got an email from Milk Street today, stating that they are making their cooking classes free, until 4-30, since they figured a lot of us will be shacked up for a while, due to this corona virus. These usually cost something, unless you are a prime member, or whatever they call it (which I'm not - just get it digital). I thought this was a nice step by them, and I thought I'd share it, in case anyone found any of them interesting.
Free Milk Street Classes until 4-30

Ah, free through April 30 [emoji38] At first glance I thought it meant 4:30 pm, and thought how odd :ROFLMAO:

I get it. I just signed up. Thanks.

Two I saw today that look really good! Free for this week (starting 6-1), but I'll be making these in the summer.
Vietnamese Caramelized Chicken
Taiwanese Grilled Corn

I got the same email and saved off these recipes using CopyMeThat. I plan to try both. My routine has been to quickly look at the recipes when the email comes and if it looks appealing (most are), save them off.

I got the notice about the free cooking classes but never took advantage. Too busy with work, gardening, and TV watching.

Do you subscribe to Milk Street? I only subscribe to Cooking NYT and WaPo as I have too many books/recipes.

I got the same email and saved off these recipes using CopyMeThat. I plan to try both. My routine has been to quickly look at the recipes when the email comes and if it looks appealing (most are), save them off.

I got the notice about the free cooking classes but never took advantage. Too busy with work, gardening, and TV watching.

Do you subscribe to Milk Street? I only subscribe to Cooking NYT and WaPo as I have too many books/recipes.

Yes, I subscribe to them, as I have liked their recipes, since they started.

I posted this, by accident, on this thread, which was telling people about the free classes, which they generously started offering, during this virus pandemic. It was originally to stop on 4-30, but it was extended to 5-31, so now it's over. I watched a few of them - the Instant Pot one was probably the best of them, as there were methods on there I had never seen, and would never have thought of.

The other thread I post these free recipes on, when they look appealing, in case anyone else would like to copy it. I get an email once a week, with a couple free recipes, and others that I get anyway, since I subscribe digitally. I will always have access, but I know others, that don't subscribe, might still like them!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom