Official© Dinner Thread Saturday the 21st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Freezer/pantry food tonight. Pesto from the freezer and spaghetti from the pantry. I see a glass of red wine in my future as well.

What are you planning?

It's Saturday....UGHHHH..:ohmy:
I've been thinking it's Friday...Saturday's routine was done a day early.
Great now we won't have dinner tomorrow either.

Tv dinners or frozen pot pies it is then.
Problem solved. I think better under pressure.:rolleyes:

Munky.

It's breakfast for dinner night. Yay.

Fried ham. Scrambled eggs with green onions and grated cheddar. Toast. Strawberry short cake for later.

An adaptation of a recipe from 1 of our Thai cookbooks. Roasted red and yellow bells, shrimp, pork, chicken and rice salad with a coconut milk/lemon dressing.

Attachments

• 2020-03-21 18.34.36.jpg
    2020-03-21 18.34.36.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 112
At 2:00 this afternoon I was notified of a cocktail hour at 4:00 in a neighbors backyard. So I turned on the oven and put in a pan of marinated garlic chicken thighs and blue corn meal, green chile, bacon, cheddar cheese muffins. When ready, I heated up some leftover mashed potatoes. These were consumed in time to make the party.

DH fried up some hamburgers and heated some Kaiser buns. We used the leftover salad from yesterday instead of lettuce leaves. We're running low on lettuce and won't have more until our grocery order arrives on Tuesday.

I haven't felt particularly creative for a while, but a friend made me baked spaghetti and garlic bread yesterday, it was really nice of her!

Last edited:
I made spaghetti with the last quart of lasagna sauce from the freezer. Served it with a salad (not shown) and homemade focaccia with grape tomatoes, a few other vegetables, and sesame seeds. I'll post the focaccia in the Baking thread. 20200321_202102.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom