Stormy Monday Dinner 3/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Two Fat Chicken Drumsticks Braised Italian - Style... Tomatoes, Onions, Celery, Red & Green Bell Pepper and Green Beans, over White Rice... Radicchio, Mushroom & Red Onion Salad...

Salad, Mushroom & Red Onion.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

A variation of chilaquiles with tomatillo salsa verde, homemade chorizo, frijoles negros, avocado, queso
fresco, crema and, of course, eggs and fried tortillas.

Attachments

• 2020-03-23 18.59.08.jpg
    2020-03-23 18.59.08.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 79
Stirling boiled some macaroni and added some of the pasta sauce he made a month ago along with some ground pork I had fried up with onion and garlic and put in the freezer. It was deeeeeeelicious. It would have been nice accompanied by a salad, but I didn't have the spoons to make one.

Ate my last thawed chili portion topped with smoked cheddar and some Greek yogurt. Finished off the last of the mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Two days ago I deboned some baked chicken thighs marinated in garlic and olive oil. Tonight I made mashed potatoes and topped a mound with the chicken and oil, and also had green beans and fresh bread.

I roasted a chicken using Ina Garten's recipe. Delish! Sides were roasted butternut squash, roasted Brussels sprouts from a Michael Symon recipe (added toasted walnuts, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and capers), and casserole "stuffing".
IMG_20200323_212044782.jpgIMG_20200323_213841240.jpg

We had leftover pot roast with carrots & gravy, mashed potatoes for Mom, macaroni & cheese for me, and side salads. Mini chocolate chip muffins for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom