3-25-2020 - What's on your table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I've grilled some pork steaks with lemon. Have some fried cabbage as a side. The aforementioned bread pudding for dessert.

Didn't realize there were 4 chops in the package, which means there is more for tomorrow. Have sweet potatoes, so we're good.

Kinda-Sorta Philly Cheese Steak, Air Fries, Green Beans & Corn w/ Bacon Bits, Chopped Salad (Tomato, Onion, Hard Egg, Mushrooms, Cheddar "Noodles"...

IMG_3279.jpg

Cheese steak .jpg

So, today both of my grocery orders did arrive, the ones that were supposed to be delivered yesterday. As expected, we were exhausted from dealing with that. Especially exhausting because of having to disinfect stuff. We ordered out from a local Greek resto. DH got a "Luna special pizza" and I got a "2 stick souvlaki platter". That was tasty and satisfying. I do enjoy meat on a stick.

I made a one dish (well, almost) meal today, starting with a small butternut. I was going to make an Indian dish, but I had a bunch of basil I trimmed, that I wanted to use up, so I made it Italian. I started with making a tomato sauce, sautéing a large chopped onion in olive oil, then adding a bunch of minced garlic, and a can of tomatoes, and a generous half cup of chopped basil. This cooked in slow cooker mode of the IP, while getting the butternut, mushrooms, and sausage ready. I added the butternut, 1 c of brown lentils, 1/2 c of whole oats, and 4 1/2 c water, using fish sauce as the salt source - something I use a lot in Italian dishes. After about 2 1/2 hours cooking (and adding a little more water), I added the cooked sweet Italian sausage and mushrooms, cooked another half hour, then turned it off, and added another half cup of chopped basil, and served it, with some grated Locatelli.
Diced butternut, added to the Italian style gruel. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Italian style gruel, finished cooking with sausage and mushrooms. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Ready to serve Italian gruel, topped with grated Locatelli. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We had soups. I had some LO tom yum soup and she had a TJs dumpling soup. We shared a tray of TJs dumplings with chicken and broth in them.

Last of the tamales from the freezer, with some of the black beans left over from a few days ago.

We had roasted potatoes and onions with a chopped zucchini and yellow quash thrown in, scrambled eggs and cheese, maple sausage links, and a salad. Mini chocolate chip muffins for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom