Monday 3/30 - What's Cookin'??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Ham & Cabbage, Kinda'..........

Pan Seared Ham Steak, Buttered Rice, Skillet Cabbage, Whole Beets, and the inevitable SoS...

Ham Steak, Cabbage, Beets.jpg

Last edited:
From the freezer, baked spare ribs, and from the frig- diced fried baked potatoes. The spares weren't quite tender originally, so I hope a slow oven over a longer baking time provides a miracle resuscitation. Not voting on a veggie yet.

I had a new, but fairly easy supper planned. I got out the ingredients to do the prep. I ran out of spoons and went back upstairs to sit and regain spoons. No new spoons.

DH served frozen tortellini with pasta sauce from a jar. It was pretty good, for two people without enough spoons to cook.

LT, I didn't see a "funny" today from ya ... :mellow:

I'm going to grilled a coupla Chicken Thighs, roast some
baby Yukon Golds (YAY!! I found some on my foraging expedition the other day) and some grilled fresh Asparagus.

Apple Pie and Ice Cream for dessert later,
`cuz dessert makes everything better ;)

*Side note: Our Governor Ducey has ordered a "Stay at home order"
starting tomorrow at 5pm AST. We've all been asked to not go out
unless necessary. He's asked that we make a grocery run only once a week and stay within the set limits. I'm confident that I don't need to leave the house again until the order is lifted on April 30th. :turned:

LT, I didn't see a "funny" today from ya ... :mellow:

I'm going to grilled a coupla Chicken Thighs, roast some
baby Yukon Golds (YAY!! I found some on my foraging expedition the other day) and some grilled fresh Asparagus.

Apple Pie and Ice Cream for dessert later,
`cuz dessert makes everything better ;)

*Side note: Our Governor Ducey has ordered a "Stay at home order"
starting tomorrow at 5pm AST. We've all been asked to not go out
unless necessary. He's asked that we make a grocery run only once a week and stay within the set limits. I'm confident that I don't need to leave the house again until the order is lifted on April 30th. :turned:

IMG_5713.jpg

Day 18 of Voluntary Self Containment - we're ahead of the curve!

I had a 3 1/2 pound tub of ground round in the freezer since just before Christmas. I used about a half pound for our taco salads tonight. The rest is for a pot of spaghetti sauce I'll simmer tomorrow.
IMG_20200330_210750192.jpg

I wasn't feeling so great.
I didn't eat dinner last night.

Bacon, scrambled eggs with zucchini, yellow squash, onions, & cheese, sweet potato biscuit, sliced cucumber & tomatoes, rice krispy treat.

Back
Top Bottom