Dinner Tuesday, 4-21-2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Yay, I got the date right! (I checked three times. :LOL: )

We have a little of this and a little of that to clean up. There is a little bit of cauliflower, so I'll make a pot of cheesy cauliflower soup. After that, clean out leftovers.

What's happening in your kitchen tonight?

Pasta primavera with prosciutto, carrots, zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, green peas and green onions.

Attachments

• 2020-04-21 18.05.27.jpg
    2020-04-21 18.05.27.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 153
We’re having leftovers from the last two nights. Tuscan butter chicken for me and orange chicken for SO.

From the Grill;
14oz. Rib Eye, Yellow Squash...
Boiled Broccoli, Parsleyed Yukons...
Tomato & Egg Salad - Balsamic Vinaigrette...

sALAD, tOMATO & eGG.jpg

rIB eYE, yELLOW & gREEN vEG. pARSLEYED sPUDS.jpg

Taco bowls for us. Made with ground beef, beans, corn, fire roasted tomatoes, and zucchini spirals. A fixin's plate for each too. 20200421_213001.jpg

Homemade Pizza time
Yea my circle is about as round as a box. Lol. Still learning dough. It’s tricky.

We had a pork loin roast and a salad with some vinaigrette that I made in a large batch, last week. Not happy about the stupid mesh that was on the roast. Unsurprisingly, crispy bits came off when I removed it. We were going to have brown basmati rice, it was already cooked and just needed to be nuked. But, we discovered a wrong colour in the rice, so that went in the garbage. I pulled out some wholewheat baguette, which worked well. I didn't take any pictures, 'cause I was in bad mood about the rice and the plates were just too brown and the roast wouldn't slice nicely. It was mostly in chunks. It was still a pretty tasty meal and there will be some sandwiches and maybe some biksemad (Danish hash) from the rest of the roast pork.

Wowza! Everyone's dinner's look and sound A~MAZ~BALLS!!!

IMG_5792.jpg

I found some Ham Steaks in the deep freeze, so I pan fried them,
nuked some Trader Joe's Hatch Chile Mac `N Cheese
and steamed some Carrots
(shhh! I added butter and honey to the finished Carrots ;))
We started to get pretty full only half way in, so I suggested that
we finish the sides and leave the Ham for a Diner-Style Breakfast
tomorrow. DH's was all in for that, especially when I mentioned
that we still had a coupla Costco Croissants the freezer :LOL:

I made beef kofta kebabs and tried to cook them the way I've seen them in recipes, and I was always a little skeptical about the method - seasoned beef wrapped around skewers and grilled. Well, there must be a trick to it that I don't know, because they stuck to the grill and one came apart. We had the kofta with tzatziki sauce, DH also grilled pineapple and red pepper chunks and I made rice and orzo pilaf. I had planned to chop some more veggies to go on the side, but I ran out of energy. Oh, we also grilled elotes. Those are so good [emoji39]
20200421_205957.jpg

Back
Top Bottom