What's the Plan, Stan...5/11/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lot of cooking and baking over the last few days. Rescued a meal of American chop suey from the freezer for tonight's dinner.

We spent a lot on food the past week or so. I told everyone that it's freezer food for a while. Of course I said that before I checked what we actually had available ...

Meatballs and mushroom barley soup for tonite.

Breakfast for dinner...

Biscuits and Italian sausage gravy..

Apricot Kringle for dessert w/Netflix later..

Ross

Last edited:
That does look delicious. I copied the recipe.

We are having lasagna from the freezer with garlic bread.

Lasagna sounds good Beth. By the way, I also found a good recipe for Lasagna Spinach Roll-ups that sounds yummy too. I'll dig it out and post it.

Here you go...I know you have vegetarian friends who would enjoy it when we can have a dinner party again.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231072/spinach-lasagna-roll-ups/?printview
I'll be using cottage cheese because I'm not a fan of Ricotta.

Last edited:
The plan for dinner is braise the Braciole in Instant Pot till tender, make tomato sauce then simmer meatballs and braciole in sauce till pasta is cooked (rigatoni). Topped with toasted seasoned bread crumbs,
Parmigiano Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses and a dollop of ricotta.
DD got baby arugula/rocket at the farm market maybe a salad of baby arugula/rocket, chopped anchovy fillets tossed with olive oil, red wine vinegar and seasoning.

We have lots of leftovers, so I'm thinking it's leftover night. I might need to make a salad to go with it, but I'm pretty sure we have plenty to choose from.

It's barely 5:30 here and I've cooked, eaten and washed up by 4pm. Feel like I'm in Florida for the Early Bird Special.

Roasted Thighs with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels with a Maple Sugar glaze. Sheet Pan - best part - have lots of left-overs...:yum:

Attachments

• 20200511_152605.jpg
    20200511_152605.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 120
Pretty good all right leftovers today. Scalloped potatoes, fried ham, a few spears asparagus and strawberry angelfood whipped cream dessert. The dessert seems to be winning the emptiest dish race.

The plan is to have delivery from our favourite steak house. I'm having battle with Uber Eats at the moment. We'll see if I get my food this try.

Everything sounds great guys, but K-L, you win the prize!
DH would NEVER eat that, so I'm going to figure out how
to make a two portion of that recipe for MOI!

I have two previously grilled Hamburger Patties in the `fridge,
so I'm making Cheese Burgers and Fries again tonight.
Ssshhh!
DH doesn't realize that we just had that a few nights ago :stuart:
I simply feel like good ole comfort food AND a Beer!

Mmm, I just read and am saving the spinach lasagna roll ups recipe too. Thanks. I must be a slow reader, it wouldn't let me add the edit.

Everything sounds great guys, but K-L, you win the prize!
DH would NEVER eat that, so I'm going to figure out how
to make a two portion of that recipe for MOI!

I have two previously grilled Hamburger Patties in the `fridge,
so I'm making Cheese Burgers and Fries again tonight.
Ssshhh!
DH doesn't realize that we just had that a few nights ago :stuart:
I simply feel like good ole comfort food AND a Beer!

HEH!!!

I just realized that there is a "portion size" icon on this recipe!
GENIUS!

The plan is to have delivery from our favourite steak house. I'm having battle with Uber Eats at the moment. We'll see if I get my food this try.
So, the first order got cancelled, not by me. I tried "reorder". Well, that seemed to be going well. The driver phoned because he couldn't find my address. Uber Eats uses some crappy software that doesn't show where my address actually is. Anyhoo, I got a call from the driver and I explained where I live. Then, suddenly, the app tells me that not only is my order cancelled because, supposedly the driver couldn't contact me, but that my order had been cancelled with no refund. I immediately texted the driver, "Where are you?" While I was panicking about having to pay nearly $70 for a meal I wasn't going to get, the door rang and my food arrived. It was almost all perfect. DH's roast beef sandwich was delicious and melt-in-your-mouth tender. Mine was pretty good, but I have never had a steak as tough as that from this place before. Maybe I was suffering from the "best chefs take Monday off" problem. I had considered that, but I figure that they would be on lean enough staff that at least one of their "best chefs" would be working on a Monday. Still not a bad way to celebrate my 70th birthday.

Back
Top Bottom