Favorite Grocery Store Aisle Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhateverYouWant

Sous Chef
1.) Pepperidge Farm Verona
Buttery, almost savory shortbread cookies with a thumbprint of jam. I am almost addicted.

2.) Nabisco Grahm Crackers
Ok, may be a cracker than a cookie, but I mostly use these for cheesecake and tart crusts (mixed with melted butter), and the results are fantastic. I have tried many other different brands without the same success.

So what am I missing here? What are your favorites?

Pepperidge Farm Raspberry Milanos. The absolute best cookie you can buy. Their chocolate chip cookies are also good. The Chesapeakes especially.

Little Debby, Figaroo fig bars are some of the best. Next to them are the Peanut Butter Crunch bars.

Fig bars of any kind are good for your digestion.

Pepperidge Farm -

Sausalito® Milk Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Tahoe® White Chocolate Macadamia

Haven't tried these yet but I will as soon as I can find them.

Maui ® Milk Chocolate Coconut Almond
Milano Coconut Flavored Chocolate

Pecan Sandies

+1 for Keebler pecan Sandies
2.. Keebler Dudge Stripe Shortbread Cookies
3. Pepperidge Farm Pirouette Cookies with Chocolate-Hazelnut cram
4. Newton Fruit cookies, especially blueberry, strawberry, and apple
5. Keebler Sugar Wafers, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla
6.Girl Scout Cookies - Samosas, Tag-A-Longs, Do-Se-Dos
7. Nestle White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Cookie

I could think of more, but have somw work I need to do now.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Pecan Sandies
Those are probably our favorite here at Chez Goddess. Aldi's version are just as good as Keebler's, but less than half the price. Wouldn't be any savings for you right now, though, since it looks like the closest Aldi to you is in Omaha, NE. :( Whenever I buy them, I buy two. The first batch I put into the cookie jar evaporates in days; if I put the second package in right away I 1) don't have to wash out the jar and 2) slow Himself down, since by then he's starting to get tired of them. :brows:

Girl Scout cookies are our next favorites, Samoas for Himself, Thin Mints for me. However, we buy the knock-off ones at Aldi (about a buck a package), then donate gift cards to our daughter's Girl Scout troop instead of buying cookies from a troop 600+ miles away. The Scouts end up with the full value of the gift cards; they probably get no more than 20% value on the sale of each box.

Those are probably our favorite here at Chez Goddess. Aldi's version are just as good as Keebler's, but less than half the price. Wouldn't be any savings for you right now, though, since it looks like the closest Aldi to you is in Omaha, NE. :( Whenever I buy them, I buy two. The first batch I put into the cookie jar evaporates in days; if I put the second package in right away I 1) don't have to wash out the jar and 2) slow Himself down, since by then he's starting to get tired of them. :brows:

Girl Scout cookies are our next favorites, Samoas for Himself, Thin Mints for me. However, we buy the knock-off ones at Aldi (about a buck a package), then donate gift cards to our daughter's Girl Scout troop instead of buying cookies from a troop 600+ miles away. The Scouts end up with the full value of the gift cards; they probably get no more than 20% value on the sale of each box.

I'm not driving to Omaha, long enough drive to Scottsbluff if I have a hankering.

Nice :clap: You rock!:punk:

Seeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Aldi has knockoff girl scout cookies? I love the peanut butter patties.

Yes they do, msm! If by "peanut butter" you mean the chocolate covered ones, I've seen those at Aldi. If you mean the sandwich kind with PB between two oatmeal cookies, I've not seen those.

Yes they do, msm! If by "peanut butter" you mean the chocolate covered ones, I've seen those at Aldi. If you mean the sandwich kind with PB between two oatmeal cookies, I've not seen those.
These are my favorite GS cookies.

PB_patties.jpg

Next would be their shortbread cookies.

My list is odd. Most cookies I bake from scratch and often make chocolate chip pecan cookies (I like em crispy) and short bread but for store bought:

Nabisco famous chocolate wafers - great for baking
Biscoff wafers - great with tea

and... when I'm all done adulting - Chocolate covered, marshmallow filled pinwheels!

cookie.jpg

Janet, I almost picked up a package of those at Aldi last week. Now I really have a taste for them!

msm, those are the version that I buy at Aldi. Be sure to check out all the cookies next time you go. We haven't found one that we were dissatisfied with yet.

Last edited:
If Girl Scout Cookies are hard to come by where you live or you would like a healthier recipe for them, you may want to give this link a look over.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/recipes/2012/02/shortbread-cookies

I used to take my Grandmother around to stores, Dr appointments, etc as she didn't drive. I was amazed at some of the places I saw Girl Scout cookies for sale. #1 Beauty Salons. (many girls have grand mothers who own beauty salons and they put their cookies there for grand mother to sell to her following or network) #2 Insurance Offices. (many are operated by women who will buy the girls lot that they are supposed to sell. Then the girl can proudly proclaim, "I sold all of mine in one day" Remember any of that back in school days ? The cookies are then given as gifts where they can be deducted from the Income Tax. Generally the products are accompanied with a receipt and written up as something besides "girl scout cookies". (this could also work for anyone in Sales as a #3)

Back
Top Bottom