Comfort from the Kitchen Friday 6/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Friday comfort...
Hot Beef Sandwich , Mashed Idaho's under Brown Gravy, Buttered Corn with Sweet Pepper Bits...

Hot Beef Sandwich.jpg

I had some ground pork that needed to be used. I fried up the 500 grams of ground pork with a chopped onion. I'm saving half of that for another day. I chopped up a jalapeno pepper and several cloves of garlic and fried those until fragrant. Then, I added the leftover brown rice pilaf, the one where the rice was a little bit under cooked, to the skillet and fried until it looked right. I added the meat that I had just fried, then some chicken stock, miso, and fish sauce. Turned out that it was wimpy jalapeno, so we added some Hurricane Mash, a hot sauce that a friend of mine makes. That turned out as well as I hoped, and better than I expected.

Himself's first chicken grill of the season was perfect - some char on the outside, fully cooked but moist inside. Fresh corn off the cob with butter (and a sprinkle of Tajin on mine), steamed broccoli, and crash potatoes as the sides. Chunks of watermelon in lieu of salad because it's summer!

IMG_20200612_204846878.jpg

Chicago Italian roast beef and zucchini/yellow squash/onion casserole.

Attachments

• 2020-06-12 18.51.23.jpg
    2020-06-12 18.51.23.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 65
Briefly marinated cilantro lime jalapeno bs chicken breast and thighs. Grilled with additional sauce for brushing. L/o 2 beans salad. Thought about adding packet potatoes but we couldn't decide, so no. It was plenty for dinner.

Yesterday I was planning to make pepper steak and rice. Fell asleep so we ended up with meatball subs.

So I was planning to make the pepper steak tonight. We had to make a quick run to the ER for SO, she's fine, and didn't get home until around 10:00PM. So I had quick cheese omelet and SO had L/O meatballs in a sandwich.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom