Spaghetti bolognese with different Pasta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BML

Assistant Cook
I was watching a TV program on Rick Stein and he was discussing Spaghetti Bolognese. The person he was talking to said that Spaghetti was not used in the area they were currently in. I hope that I got that right.
The purpose of this message is to ask if anyone has anything to say about using a pasta other than Spaghetti and if so what Pasta was it?

There are all sorts of "rules" and traditions of which pastas go with which sauces. They are most probably a result of tradition based on some basic compatibility.

There are hundreds of pasta shapes. I don't think there is a sauce for each pasta shape.

Some folks prefer heavier pastas such as penne or ziti with bolognese. I like spaghetti.

Bottom line, do what you want.

I've seen it served with fettuccine, tagliatelli, rotini and penne. I believe that in England, it's practically always served with spaghetti, as they call it spag bol for short [emoji38] I just call it pasta bolognese and serve it with whatever I want.

I like rigatoni for meat sauce. But any shape is fine.

Thanks Got Garlic.

Many thanks Got Garlic.

I cooked Spaghetti and Bolognaise yesterday for the second time and it worked very well but as Spaghetti can be messy I wondered what other pasta I could use. Your introduction to Fettuccine, Tagliatelli, Rotini and Penne answered my question because although I have seen them in various stores I never knew their names so thank you very much. Now I will have a look for Bolognaise recipes I can use with them.

As has been said, you can use any pasta shape. Just one word of caution. If you us a pasta other than spaghetti, don't call it "Spaghetti Bolognese".

Back
Top Bottom