What are you eating Monday July 13, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner 7-13-2020 ~ Barbershop Music Appreciation Day

A little dinner music suggestion?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNNQh9wtisc

I cannot get over how the guy doing the three voices looks just like the pencil drawing our son made of himself when he was in high school (and still had hair). :LOL:

Anyway, dinner. I have a rack of ribs in the crockpot, using the rub Katie H uses on her ribs: Carlsbad Cravings While I have all the ingredients for the sauce, I opted to use one of my three bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's Kicken' Bourbon sauce. Sides will be Texas Roadhouse versions of tossed salad (lettuce, tomato, grated Cheddar, chopped eggs, croutons) and loaded baked potatoes (more Cheddar, sour cream, bacon, chives...which I don't have, but I do have scallion greens). Better find a cardiologist to add to my phone contact list, just in case.

What's humming along in your kitchen?

Hub and I had the last of the meatballs from the freezer over Colavita Mezzi Rigatoni #31b (small sewer pipes as mom called them) topped with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses.

Well crack, I started today's dinner thread with the right day but the wrong numbers. [emoji38]

Dinner 7-11-2020 ~ Barbershop Music Appreciation Day

I'm out of shape. Can't listen to baseball and cook/post at the same time. Our salads had invisible eggs ( I forget to boil them). I put the bacon on the salads instead of the potatoes. It all ends up in the same place after all. It's all good.

IMG_20200713_194848842_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I made frikadeller and served it with brown basmati rice and a salad with ranchoid dressing. There was supposed to be gravy with that, but it tasted burnt, so we skipped that. Those were darned good frikadeller, if I do say so myself. Well, DH says so too.

I made up some burger/ mix for tacos/burritos later this week. Tonight's dinner was tex-mex sloppy joes, tostitos and a mixed salad with some kind of red leaf lettuce, zero flavor, sliced cukes, onion, tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles. Lemony garlic vinaigrette.

Our Anniversary dinner tonight..
Grilled pork tenderloin medallions, grilled asparagus, roasted red potatoes, grilled corn. BlackBerry mead.

Dessert- grilled peaches over vanilla ice cream. And more mead! [emoji41]

DH gave the meal [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] lol

20200713_193021.jpg20200713_204131.jpg

I'm confused. We already had a dinner thread for Saturday, 2020-07-11 and we also already have a dinner thread for Monday, 2020-07-12.

I posted a Monday dinner thread but put the wrong date in the title, taxy. That's why no one noticed and msmofet started another thread for Monday July 13, 2020.

I suppose I need to get on my laptop and flag the Monday dinner threads for merging...

Sushi sandwich w/ waygu beef , smoked salmon, mixed with a bit of Italian!

39817-albums960-picture8365.jpg
[/IMG]

CG, I loved the dinner music.

Congrats on the anniversary, Dave!

We had leftover stuffed peppers with mashed potatoes and I had collards...because no one can have enough collards! :yum:

Attachments

• 2020-07-13 17.23.15.jpg
    2020-07-13 17.23.15.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom