Supper thread for Saturday 2020 July 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Is everyone having late suppers?

We had grilled "Polish sausage hot dogs". They were quite tasty. We also tried out a new brand of sauerkraut with juniper berries. I will definitely get that again, so tasty.

What are you having / did you have for supper?

I spent the afternoon and evening babysitting my Weber kettle to smoke a rack of baby backs and two small pieces of Boston butt for future pulled pork.

68F09439-AC3E-411D-9C79-1615CF9A8194_1_105_c.jpg

Yep, it being Saturday, I'm eating late. I'm making myself a homemade pizza with homemade crust. Instead of sauce, I brush the crust with olive oil and garlic and my toppings will be a trio of favorites - mushrooms, onions (LOTS of onions) and green peppers.

Looking forward to that. I'll eat some more of it tomorrow with my Sunday clam chowder.

PS - love Polish sausage.

Tonight's supper is what was pland for yesterday, taco salad. Simple ground beef is browned, and seasoned with salt, dried, minced onion, chili powder, and cumin, the salad ingredients are lettuce, sweet peppers, cucumber, and corn chips. The dressing is basically French dressing with chili powder added. I splash Tabasco Sauce, and Sriracha on mine. Dd and her husband get shredded cheese and avocado too.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I did a V-smoker roasted pork loin and enjoyed my day camp out there with my book and music, not to mention the Vino. I pulled the loin out at 140 and it rested to a perfect pink sliced perfection.

With it, we had small casseroles of leftover potatoes with lots of creative little goodies, and crisp tender broiled highly seasoned fresh asparagus.

Attachments

• P7250071.jpg
    P7250071.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 69
I used the slow cooker today to make a Thai style pork and peppers. Served it with rice and stir-fried veggies. Enough leftover pork for another meal
IMG_20200725_213306539_HDR.jpg

I had planned to do a bunch of preparation/cooking for dishes later in the week, as well as putting the oven dried tomatoes I had made last week, as well as tomato sauce (Craig bought 25 pounds of tomatoes at restaurant supply) since Craig said he would cook last night. Well, he decided not to, but those things still needed to get done so I did most of them and cooked.

Tomato, basil, fresh moz galettes

full

and a peach, black pepper, basil galette with a honey/basil/lime juice drizzle

2020-07-25-20-17-17-jpg-jpg-jpg.43976

Back
Top Bottom