"Another Saturday Night ... " ~ 8/8/20 ~ Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Here's my plan for tonight :

Chili Frank Plate with Mac Salad.jpg
(file photo - I haven't started cooking yet)

Hawaii Local-Style Chili Frank Plate Deluxe with
my homemade Zippy's Restaurant Style Macaroni Salad
:yum:
If you've never tried Mac Salad with your Chili,
you're missing out!
:chef:
Try it.

In any case, what's your plan?

I checked the weather. No rain forecast for today, but a 60% chance tomorrow, so it will be grilled burgers tonight. I'll make some potato salad to go with them.

We have leftovers. Enough for a couple of Reuben sandwiches, plus four hot dogs from last night. It looks like we'll have enough leftovers for two nights, but a shrimp boil is on the list for tomorrow. If we proceed as planned, we'll have plenty of leftovers for Monday! :LOL:

I just listened to that song on my Amazon, while out in the garden!

Leftovers today - I'll probably make some quacamole to go with them, which is the only food prep I'll do, except freezing that okra, and prepping more stuff for the dehydrator.

Last edited:
Instant Pot Beef barley veggie soup is in the works. Not heating the kitchen up.

Burgers, baked beans, more of the tomato pie.

Should have been leftovers but I had kept out some ground beef when I packaged it up for freezing on Thursday. Didn't want it to go bad. 20200808_173632.jpg

Dim sum. Chicken and mushroom steamed buns. Pork, cabbage potstickers.

Attachments

• 2020-08-08 18.55.29.jpg
    2020-08-08 18.55.29.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 74
Leftover pot roast, mushrooms, pot jus, beef gravy, dry navy beans, dry lentils, dry split peas, pearl barley, tiny pasta shells, beef broth, burgundy wine and frozen mixed veggies.

beef_soup_080820_IMG_7069.jpg

we were going to do steaks on the grill. A few rain drops/ sprinkes are ok. But then it started lightning. I don't do lightning. Had already popped a couple potatoes in the oven, so I let them finish. We are having twice baked potatoes, cheese bacon and sour cream, green salad with tomatoes, and if we're good, ice cream for later. SO can dish the ice cream, she has a heavier hand than I.

I checked the weather. No rain forecast for today, but a 60% chance tomorrow, so it will be grilled burgers tonight. I'll make some potato salad to go with them.

So, the burgers were grilled and the kaiser buns were toasted on the grill. DH also grilled a peach. We had never tried that before, so we only did the one. It was good. So were the burgers. I found some leftover penne in the fridge while looking for the taters so, I made potato salad and pasta salad. Of the two, we liked the potato salad better. The Angus burgers were delicious, as usual.

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_184139.jpg
    IMG_20200808_184139.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200808_184213.jpg
    IMG_20200808_184213.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 125
We had grilled brats with charcoal-roasted okra, fresh corn and potato salad.

Attachments

• 2020-08-08 15.05.49.jpg
    2020-08-08 15.05.49.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 80
Well, the temperature dropped enough after sunset to fire up the Weber Kettle, and smoke some chicken thighs with charcoal and hickory wood. I finished the chicken with some Stubbs Heat and Sweet BBQ sauce. I tossed an ear of corn lubed with OO, and seasoned with salt and pepper on the grill side near the end.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 5.30.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 5.30.32 AM.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 67
Here's my plan for tonight :

View attachment 42357
(file photo - I haven't started cooking yet)

Hawaii Local-Style Chili Frank Plate Deluxe with
my homemade Zippy's Restaurant Style Macaroni Salad
:yum:
If you've never tried Mac Salad with your Chili,
you're missing out!
:chef:
Try it.

In any case, what's your plan?

I almost forgot the Diamond Bakery Soda Crackers, AGAIN!
But this time DH reminded me in the nick of time

IMG_6227.jpg

*belch*
I'm so full. That was the first time in a long time that DH couldn't finish ...
Here, let me help ya out :LOL: Can't let that go to waste!

Back
Top Bottom