Odd but Tasty Soup Creations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
A month or so ago, I opened a box of Kraft Cheese Macaroni and took the cheese packet from the box. I sprinkled the powdered cheese over fresh popped popcorn and served it up to a couple of boys who loved it. But then I had a box of macaroni noodles and no cheese. What to do?

Today, I decided to use those noodles. I made two seperate meals from them. Best of all, they tasted great.

Lunch Umami Soup

This soup was just thrown together in the hopes that it would be edible. To my surprise, it came out great
Ingredients:
3 cups water
1 tbs vegetable bouillon
1 tbs. Mushroom bouillon
1 tbs. lite soy sauce (Kikoman)
1 ts Fish Sauce
2 tbs. dried, minced onion
2 tbs. dried Porcini Mushrooms
2 dashes dried ginger
1 box Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Noodles
1 tsp. coarse grind black pepper

Put all into the pot of water, except for the noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer dor 5 minutes to let the flavors bloom. Taste and connect the seasonings to your taste. When you like the flacor, add the noodles and cook for 7 minutes.

This made omre soup than I could eat for lunch. I fefrigerated the leftovers.

Supper Fusion
That leftover sou, well it was to be used for a fusion of, well, I'm not sure. But it is some kind of flavor fusion, and it too came out way better than I thought it should.

ingredients:
1 cup leftover soups
1 cup water
3 tbs. small dice red bell pepper
2 tbs. Sriracha Sauce
1/4 tsp. Tobacco Sauce
1 tbs chili powder
1/2 cup browned groaned beef (leftover from last night's tacos)
3 fresh corn tortillas, broken into small strips.

bring all ingredients to a light boil. Stir every 5 minutes or so. Simmer for ten minutes. serve hot with corn bread and honey.

Yeh, these are not ordinary soups. However, it used up macaroni and tasted great.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

In college I used to save the cheese packs and use the pasta all the time then just use it later in different things. Goes decent in hamburger dishes

In college I used to save the cheese packs and use the pasta all the time then just use it later in different things. Goes decent in hamburger dishes
When I saw this thread, I was thinking that the last time I had a box of macaroni and cheese was when I was in college! lol The macaroni in the boxes then was 7¼ oz, down from 8 oz, when I was growing up. What's it down to now, 6 oz.? Lower?

I buy the Kraft cheese sauce powder in a shaker bottle at costcp..sometimes I cheat and add some to my cream soups at work..one popular soup I make is broccoli cheddar and celery cheddar..I also add some real shredded cheese, but a bit of that powder gives it a bit of color and a little more kick

Back
Top Bottom