Fabulous Jamaican Jerk burger.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kali-Ann G

Assistant Cook
Jah bless all man,

Now man you probably guess now Jamaican food all about big flavour man. And when me make burgers it no different man. Believe me man this take a simple common and garden burger to a whole new level.
You can make this in the oven man but to get the best flavour it need cook on a BBQ me be honest a smoker grill even better, if you can get Pimento wood wicked man if not me use apple or cherry wood. This should make 4 good size burgers man.

So we go man,

1 lb minced steak
3 small green onions.
1 scotch bonnet pepper
1 lemon (juice + zest)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/3 teaspoon ground allspice
1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/5 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 sprigs thyme
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 Pineapple slice up.

OK Grate up the Ginger, chop up the green onions, scotch bonnet and thyme real fine man. Remember peppers here man so be careful!!
Put everything in a big bowl except for the meat. Mix it up man, you can in a blender but my family like it chunky.
Put 3 1/4 of the Jerk on the beef and mix it up well man. Leave it aside for 15 - 20 minute. So now make your burgers man put them in the fridge for a while, this help them stay together when cooking. (You can use breadcrumb or egg to bind but me do not)
When them burgers doing their thing in the fridge man, slice up you pineapple, now add the remain Jerk coat the slices well.

Me grill them for about 15 minute and keep turn them. Now once them burgers cooked move them of the direct heat and cook the pineapple slices man this release all them sugar man.

The rest up to you, you can add cheese, salad, anything really. I just add a little slice red onion.

Jah bless,

Kali-Ann

Back
Top Bottom