"Go Fish! " Dinner Friday 10/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the nicest, sunniest, warmest Octobers I ever remember. Which is pretty easy, since I dont remember any longer back than 9 days ago let alone a year ago.

SO, bless her, mowed the front yard today. All I did was throw a couple potatoes in the oven, snuck up to the store and snuck back out with 2 nice rib- eyes for grilling. I have to make a salad before lighting the Weber charcoaler.

I'm so very glad that I thought ahead yesterday,
and made Chef John's Italian White Bean and Sausage Stew/Stoup
I didn't have any dried Beans, but I do always have canned Beans for the "just in case" scenario :) I did have everything else on hand though...

IMG_6453.jpg

Anyways, after Taxy was talkin' about this recipe, I thought that this might be good for today.
We BOTH had our annual Flu shots yesterday, and now today DO NOT feel well.
:ermm:
It's not easy when you are NOT up to snuff and have to take care of someone else all the while :mellow:
HA! Well, that happens and you cope or in my case think ahead!!! :chef:

Kgirl, I hope you enjoyed that soup / stew.

We had hot chicken sandwiches on whole grain bread with sunflower seeds. I made some vegi stock today, because when I make chicken stock, I only use chicken bones, no vegis or herbs. I had cooked the chicken breast a couple of days ago. I made a very easy vegi dish. I took some frozen vegis - carrots, corn, and a few green beans (I forgot the peas that were supposed to be in that mix). I defrosted them in the microwave. Before supper, I added some yogourt and some green masala from a jar and nuked them until they were hot. Oh my, that vegi dish was delicious. The sandwiches were good too.

Yup, doing stuff ahead of time can be very helpful. Earlier in the afternoon I made the vegi stock and reduced it. I shredded the chicken. I defrosted the vegis, so they were in a 1 quart measuring cup. Then, I got a migraine. But, at that point, supper was easy. Just had to add the yogourt and masala to the vegis and nuke them. The gravy was easy - heat some frozen chicken stock and the vegi stock and add a bit of fish sauce, some herbs, some garlic powder, and a corn starch slurry. I sliced the bread and topped it with the already shredded chicken and stuck that in the micro wave for a minute to get it warm and poured the gravy over it. Everything was ready to do and all planned, no thinking required. Once again, I apologize for the quality of the photo. Had to use my tablet again. I'm still having issues with my phone.

Attachments

• 20201009_184126.jpg
    20201009_184126.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 90
Sticking with the "Go Fish" theme, we had A/F breaded shrimp and onion rings.
I also diced tomato's and avocado's topped with spicy mayo.

Dessert was pound cake topped with fried apples for Jeannie and cherries for me, topped with whipped cream.

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom