DID YOU KNOW...
The famous children’s story Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves was written in
Iraq about 1,000 years ago.
1. Who played Dr. Claire Lewicki in "Days of Thunder" (1990) , and won the
Academy Award for Best Actress for portraying the writer Virginia Woolf in
the drama "The Hours" (2002).
2. What is the SECOND largest moon in our solar system?
a. - Our Moon
b. - Ganymede
c. - Triton
d. - Titan
3. Located on the Colorado River, situated across the two states of Nevada
and Arizona what is the name of the largest man-made reservoir (by water
capacity) in the United States?
4. In which movie are Mr. D. Zuko and Ms. S. Olson the main characters?
5. Who was the President of Egypt before Sadat ?
6. What would you call the naming of compounds in chemistry?
a. - Assignage
b. - Nomenclature
c. - Appellation
d. - 'I Dub Thee'
7. On a hot summer day, many people in the UK may drink a shandy. What is
8. Easy-Peasy Dept;
What metal connects Freda Payne's 'band' and Shirley Bassey's 'finger'?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The town of Bedford, Virginia lost more men per capita in the 2nd World War
than did any other town in the USA
1. Nicole Kidman
2. - d
3. Lake Mead
6. - b
7. Beer mixed with soft drink
Bedford, now the home of the National D-Day Memorial, which is a "must see"
on anyone's travel list, lost 21 men on D-Day. The town's National Guard
unit was in the front of the attack on Omaha Beach. The deaths represented
roughly two-thirds of the fathers, sons, and brothers sent overseas from
this small town, where people were close knit.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.