Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Cook's Tools (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   What is this called (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f88/what-is-this-called-105718.html)

JayStu69 10-16-2020 08:48 AM

What is this called
1 Attachment(s)
Hello all. I have an item, it is a rack about 1-2 inches tall. It sits on top of a stove element. under a stock pot so the bottom doesn't burn while cooking but I can't seem to find out what it is called.

pepperhead212 10-16-2020 11:19 AM

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure what that thing is, and I'm not sure how the bottom of a stock pot needs protected from a "stove element". Is this for cooking outside, maybe, over some type of open flame?

Janet H 10-16-2020 02:56 PM

That looks like a hot pot stand / metal steam rack but they often have 2 handles.

It also looks like a rack that could be used over coals or as a grill expander (second tier)

Good puzzle!

GotGarlic 10-17-2020 09:23 AM

I think the word you're looking for is flame tamer, although I agree with Janet - it looks to me more like a hot pot stand or a steaming rack. It doesn't seem sturdy enough to hold a large pot full of stock, etc.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.