What's on the Burners today - 10/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken Pie from the Freezer, Mashed Idaho Spuds & Gravy , Carrots & Pearls... Salad was Lefty Tomatoes & Cukes...

Chicken Pie, Carrots & Pearls.jpg

I found some of this recipe in the deep freeze:

https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthede...2/01/paniolo-thats-hawaiian-for-cowboy-chili/

... and I've had the meanest onos (hunkerin' for) a Chili topped Baked Potato with all the fixings!

`Member that Baked Potato I made in the Instant Pot® that was not cooked correctly? Well, I'll simply toss that half into the micro and DH has already said that he would rather his Chili be served over steamed White Rice ... I've got that leftover too!!!

Another frozen food here today. A friend stopped by, and I was trying to figure out something that I wanted to make, and that made up my mind - dumplings! This time it was the pork and mushroom type. Something I rarely make for myself only, and I've rarely had anyone over, since the pandemic started, and I know he is another that loves those Chinese dumplings, or at least, the dip sauces - the thing I don't like to make just for myself. I always make my traditional Chinese dip - equal parts soy and Chenkiang vinegar, a little sugar, equal parts minced ginger and garlic, plus hot oil, sesame oil, and some nam prik pao (not Chinese, but delicious in there). Another dip sauce is some nuoc cham, which has some Hanoi Market in it - a delicious orange pepper I grow, that is fantastic in this sauce (and many others). Totally different flavors in these dips, which is why I like to have both, every time I serve these.

We ordered salads from Mandy's. Again, we chose the "Create Your Own Custom Salad" option. Very tasty. I got their sesame citrus dressing, which was good.

We needed to go out for prescriptions, so we decided to eat out. We stopped at our favorite Irish pub, O'Connor's. Brendan assured us that he would keep us alive. If we aren't, we'll die happy. Anyway, Himself and I shared an Irish potato pizza, followed by a dish of their bread and raisin pudding. We did have our own beers, though.
IMG_20201022_172830809.jpg

Went to D's to paint a single drawer freezer platform my grandson built for our recent purchase.

Decided not to go home and cook so, stopped @ Braums for cheeseburgers, fries and chocolate shakes. :yum:

Ross

I also pulled from the freezer for last night's dinner: I simmered together some home-smoked shredded pork from this past summer and homemade tomatillo sauce from last year. I served it over rice with homemade pickled red onions, crushed tortilla chips and a sprinkle of lime juice. At the last minute, I decided to throw a little Penzeys Arizona Dreaming on the rice.
20201022_201848.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom