Grain-Free Gourmet Chicken Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I have two recipes from one of my cookbooks that I'd like to share. Both are grain-free. Both are yummy. The first was given to me by a good freind. It's his wife's recipe. The 2bd is my own.

Note, when I make chicken soup, I seperate the chicken from the bones. I also remove the chicken skin. I fry the skins and lightly salt them in the soup pot. Then, I add the bones, and water to the pan do make my broth. The chicken meat is cut into 1/2 inch cubes, and lightly seasoned, sauted until cooked through, then added to the soup when it's served.cipes, just in time fo cold November evenings.

Here are the recipes, just in time fo cold November evenings.

Intense Chicken Vegetable Soup
This recipe comes from a good friend. I told him about this cookbook and he excitedly asked if I would include his wife's chicken soup recipe. He stated that it’s incredible. After looking it over, and trying it, I understand why.
This soup has no noodles, no dumplings, no grains of any kind. It is simply the wonderful taste of chicken mixed with the complementary flavors of fresh vegetables and herbs. It is a soup guaranteed to please.
Ingredients:
1 cut up fresh chicken
2 lb. fresh chicken wings 6 quarts water, 2‑3 carrots (sliced), 2‑3 stalks celery (sliced)
1 onion (chopped)
1 cup broccoli (diced)
1 tbs. chicken bouillon
4 fresh green onions (sliced)
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. celery salt.
Optional: Add 2 cans diced tomatoes and 2 tbs. chopped fresh cilantro.

Cover chicken with cold water and 2 tbs. of bouillon, and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to medium (low boil) and add veggies. Continue cooking for an additional 45 minutes, then remove chicken. De‑bone chicken after it cools, and return meat to soup. Add additional water and bullion as needed (be careful; too much bullion will make it taste
salty.) Let guests salt & pepper to taste.
This soup is versatile. You can add additional seasonings like parsley, rosemary, oregano, bay leaf, etc. Enjoy
Hot and Sour Soup
Hot and sour soup is Asian in origin. It is more broth than substance and is used as an accompaniment to other Asian dishes. It is an exercise in balanced flavors and can be made ahead. When needed, simply warm in a chafing dish, or in the microwave.
Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts with skin and ribs
3 tbs. chopped green onion or chives
1/4 cup white vinegar
3 to 5 hot dried hot Thai chilies sliced lengthwise in half
1/4 tsp. dried ginger
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. soy sauce

Remove meat from ribs and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Add the meat, skin, and bones to three quarts of boiling water. Cover and simmer for ten minutes. Taste the broth. It should have a strong chicken flavor. Simmer longer to get more flavor from the bones and skin if necessary. Add the salt.

Remove the solid ingredients from the pot by straining into a bowl. Give the skins to your pets, set the meat aside for chicken salad, and discard the bones. Return the broth to its pot and add the peppers. Cook for an additional fifteen minutes. Taste the broth. If it’s not hot enough, simmer for an additional ten minutes. Remove the peppers and discard. Add the vinegar and green onions. Cook for ten minutes and serve.

If you remove the chilis, and reduce the heat until the broth is still, you can then drizzle in beaten egg to make long strands, top with fresh chives, and you have egg drop soup. Enjoy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom