We got an offer on the house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
We got an offer on the house last night. I was a bit worried when my realtor said, "Now don't get upset and the other realtor (the realtor that showed the house) said for you not to be insulted. The offer was only 2,000 less than the amount we had set in our heads as the amount we'd def. sell it for.......:) Well the other realtor told my realtor (he works under her) that this is how the guy is.....he negotiates at his job. I guess the buyer is totally nervous because we're having the open house today and there are several couples coming that have been waiting to see the house but the timing wasn't right. Couples that are moving to the area and need a home before the school season begins again.

So anyway we'll make our counter offer after the open house is finished.......sometime later on tonight. In the end I think we're going to end up a minimum of 2,000 over the amount we are def. wanting.

I'm so excited I just had to share. What would be even more wonderful is if one of the people coming to the open house make an offer also and their is a bidding war and we end up getting the full asking price.

Praying everything falls into place and we sell this house and find the home we've been searching for and we can move from this one into another one.

Will keep fingers crossed for you sizz...Good luck:)

kadesma

I will say a prayer for you too Sizzlinin! Last year i sold a home . What a disaster at first. I couldnt get anyone to come look at it. It was about 7 miles from town in the country kinda. But, in the end we got exactly what we wanted for it! And it was such a relief! So, i hope everything works out just like you want! Thanks for sharing your story.

I am sure you will do fine SizzlininIn! Just don't forget to pack the Kitchenaid mixer!

Thanks everyone!

Choc.....you know I will. All kinds of decorating thoughts are going through my mind and we haven't even found another hours :)

The open house went well according to the realtor. We didn't have a lot of people but had really good ones. The one guy thats also very interested in the house had to work so unfort. he wasn't able to make it. Oh well. Well I gotta run the realtor just pulled back into the drive and we're going to be submitting our counter offer..........oh I'm so excited!

Thanks again everyone!

:) We sold it!!! Well there's 2 stipulations but those won't be a problem. They want a house inspection at their expense within 15 days and to check with the zoning committee in our county to see if they can build a small garage on the back land.......the realtor who sold the property belonged on the zoning committee and he said it won't be a problem.

Thanks for your support guys.....please keep the prayers coming that it will close without any problems and that we'll find our dream home within the next week or so and the transition from moving from one to another will fall into place and be without complications.

Way to go Sizz :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Get your fingers limbered up to sign all those escrow papers :)

Thanks Mish.............if everything falls into place we should be out by mid June or by July 1 as the purchase agreement notes. I'm so psyched! I'm not packing till I know the house inspection is clear and they don't try to come back with some other stipulation we may not agree to. But once the inspection is cleared I'll start packing.

We went from a 5 room house to this one which is 11 1/2..........so we've accumulated a lot more stuff so it'll take awhile. I'm pretty organized..........some would say very organized so it shouldn't be too bad when it comes to packing. I'll just go room to room when the time comes and pack the stuff we'll move with us and put the rest to the side for a moving sale........gonna be one heck of a moving sale because we plan on getting new furniture and I'll be doing a different style regarding decorating.

I'm so excited for you Sizz. I know how you're hanging by a thread waiting for everything to be finalized...& the anticipation of it all. Have you found your new home yet?

When I sold my last one, had a stipulation put in re sale contingent upon my finding a new home/property. You sound as organized as I am. Sure it will be a speedy pack n go. Yep, we have to pay for our inspectors on the new property, but goes with the "territory." Then we get a warrantee for all our new? appliances, etc. Pick up a checklist from the Post Office, re moving. You can fill out all the change of address stuff & lots more.

Great news. Keep us posted. My best.

newest update

I got a message today from our realtor asking me to call her back. The buyers
mortgage company contacted her and asked if there was a way we could move the
close date up because the interest rates were going up. We'd told the realtor
previously we'd like to get out ASAP. So I called her back and it turned out
that they were looking at a closing date of May 27th. I'm couldn't believe
it....that's only 20 days from now. Well I gave the go ahead. I asked her if
they were then planning on the inspection this week or what. My fear was that
they would have the inspection and come back with something they wanted changed
in the purchase agreement. I told her alright we'll go along with that but if
they even attempt to come back with something I'm going to be really mad cause I'm
going to start packing. She laughed and said well surely they wouldn't and not to worry because they want the house so badly. So my
fingers are crossed that they don't make me mad in the end :)

So needless to say I started packing tonight. Well just taking things off the
wall in the living, dining room, and my computer room. I gathered up all the
framed photos and got them all wrapped....didn't realize how many pics I
had around here till I tackled that task :)

One of my sis in laws thats a manager at a local store said we can get boxes Thursday so I'll start wrapping more things when I
can get them and then start putting stuff in boxes.

I'm hoping that like the week before we have to get out of here a place will be
available to rent so we can just transfer stuff right to there and then put the
other stuff in storage. If not one of my best friends keeps telling us we're more than welcome
to stay with her and her little boy till we can get settled somewhere, whether its
renting or we find a house to buy. So we may be 3's company and kids for a
little while :)

Have put the word out to family and friends to keep an eye out for anything thats available to rent. This is all going to be moving really quickly......its now 12:30 am so
now we only have 19 days :) But heck I can get packed and moved in 2-3 days if I
have too :) Boy you dont' realize what all you accumulate once you go
from a 5 room house to a 11 1/2 room house.

Still unable to get into that house for sale to take a look at it. It may not
be what we're wanting anyway but I hope and pray its the one and the price is
right.

So please keep those prayers coming that everything will continue to fall into place.

Sizzlin...check in to using movers to help expedite things. We did that the last time we moved, and boy it made a lot of things very easy. We moved all of the bearable goods, but they came in and moved all of the big things, and we ere surprised on how inexpensive it was!!!!

Thanks Mish. The realtor mentioned us putting a stipulation but we have loads of family and friends that we can depend on so I'm not worried about being homeless :). Everyone is just so excited we've sold it and got such a great deal on this place. We bought it as a foreclosure. Boy was it an aweful mess. Well in the end after all the title work, commission for the realtor, etc.....we're making a 95,000 profit. Not bad if I do say so myself. Would I do it again.....sure would but it would have to be intown if that situation arises again.
When we bought this house we hadn't sold our other one yet so we did a bridge loan. So we weren't as desperate as we are now about moving things. The bad then with this last move though was trying to get the main rooms to where we could live in them 1st.

Erik......With hubby having 6 older siblings, countless nieces, nephews, cousins I think we have our own moving company :LOL:. When we moved last time I moved a lot of the smaller breakable stuff but they all joined forces and brought out the big stuff. No sooner would one leave another truck was pulling up.......it was pretty amazing and funny to watch all these people scrambling in and out then taking off.

Thanks Mudbug! I'm packing everything within arms length....hubby, kids and animals better be careful or they too may end up in boxes :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom