Friday Comfort in the Kitchen 11/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Friday Comfort ...........
a Sam's Club Big Dog, Grilled, on a bed of Fried Onions & Peppers, with Air Fries, Harvard Beets, and Cole Slaw...

Hot Digs & French Fries.jpg

We are trying a new local place for delivery. Pizza sub for one. Italian beef for the other. I may eat while just sitting on the kitchen floor and gazing at my stove. :)

We had store bought, three cheese tortellini in a homemade Alfredo sauce with shallots, garlic, and homemade Italian sausage crumbles. There was also a salad with homemade Italian seasoned vinaigrette.

Attachments

• PXL_20201121_000011671.jpg
    PXL_20201121_000011671.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 84
WE had three cheese tortellini too, taxy! Ours were in a quick sauce I made from canned whole tomatoes, fresh basil and garlic, and a goodly amount of red wine.
IMG_20201120_211324955_HDR.jpg

son-in-Law made perfectly seasoned ground beef for har-shell tacos. He also chopped sweet onion, sour cream, bell pepper, tomato, shredded lettuce, onion, shredded lettuce, grated sharp cheddar, cilantro,dresses lightly with Tabasco Sauce, and a touch of catsup (I know, catsup on a taco, the sweetness balances out the other pungent flavors). They were delicious. I had three tacos that He put together for me. They were loaded., All was chased with a bottle of Kirkland water.

Seeeeeya; Chief Logwind of the North

We are in the cabin and I planned easy dinners for these two nights. Last night, we had pan-fried ham steak with homemade honey mustard, Stovetop Stuffing enhanced with sautéed onions and celery, and a green salad.
20201120_194038.jpg

We are in the cabin and I planned easy dinners for these two nights. Last night, we had pan-fried ham steak with homemade honey mustard, Stovetop Stuffing enhanced with sautéed onions and celery, and a green salad.
View attachment 44129

Several years back, I purchased a spiral ham. I fired up the charcoal in divided beds and put a drip pa in the middle. I placed the ham on the grill and brushed it with lots of homemade honey mustard glaze, working it between the slices My youngest daughter, at that time in her mid teens came home. She complained that she wasn't fond of ham. i told her she had top try it.

To make a long story short, with bit of maple wood on the coals to produce a good smoke, combined with the honey mustard that was libberlyy basted on while the spiral-sliced ham cooked, well, it was a huge hit, even with my daughter who didn't like ham.

the point of this is that the simple meal you spoke of, ham with honey mustard, is a real winner.;)

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom