What's on your plate Sunday January 10, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I finally got my favorite steakhouse meal for lunch with some steak and mushrooms left for dinner with some added mashed.
NY strip steak, steak fries, mushrooms and salad with blue cheese dressing.

steves_steak_011021_1_IMG_7554.jpg

steves_steak_011021_2_IMG_7556.jpg

steves_steak_011021_3_IMG_7558.JPG

Msmofet, that looks so good.

We are planning on having Danish meatloaf, which we call "mock armadillo". There will be roasted potato boats and Danish red cabbage (rødkål) to go with it. DH will be making the meatloaf and roasting the potatoes in the pan with the meatloaf. I'm really looking forward to this meal.

We are planning on having Danish meatloaf, which we call "mock armadillo". There will be roasted potato boats and Danish red cabbage (rødkål) to go with it. DH will be making the meatloaf and roasting the potatoes in the pan with the meatloaf. I'm really looking forward to this meal.
Thank you Taxy. It hit the spot.

Your dinner sounds wonderful.

msmofet, that looks pretty good.

Tonight I have burgers firming up in the fridge that I am throwing on the grill after a spell.

Utz BBQ potato chips on the side with them.

I had the leftovers again from that pork liver/ butternut in chipotle sauce. That is even better cold - it seems that the liver tastes even stronger, and the heat is much reduced, which is good to some. I also put some crema on each taco, which definitely gave it a good flavor. Also made some guacamole much earlier - divided that into 3 parts, and I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

Chicken fried steak with mashies and gravy, plus country green beans again. We got gumbo made for tomorrow as well.

Attachments

• 2021-01-10 18.22.24.jpg
    2021-01-10 18.22.24.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 65
IMG_0183.jpg

Boar's Head Brand Sweet Slice Ham Steaks ... I ask the
deli counter folks to slice it about 1/2 inch thick for Steaks ...
(I can't see buying entire Ham for just us two)
"Ooh, what a great idea" I hear each time :)
I'll get maybe 4 or 6 at a time and stash them in the deep freeze :idea:

Along side we have Trader Joe's Hatch Chile Mac `N Cheese
and fresh steamed Green Beans with Kerrygold Garlic & Herb
butter mixed in with some S&P ... SSSHHHH! Don't tell DH,
he loves it and I'm not going to tell him what's in there! :D

To celebrate the Browns being in the playoffs for the first time since 2003, I made a very Cleveland meal: pierogi. This is just my second attempt making them from scratch, and they turned out so much better than the first. Himself likes his with sauteed onions. I have mine with slightly sweetened sour cream. No leftovers.

IMG_20210110_211041140_HDR.jpgIMG_20210110_212609234_HDR.jpgIMG_20210110_213300088_HDR.jpg

This is what it looked like. We decided to go all out and have some bubbly (Henkell) with it.

Attachments

• PXL_20210110_234157798 snall.jpg
    PXL_20210110_234157798 snall.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 76
  • PXL_20210110_235528604 snall.jpg
    PXL_20210110_235528604 snall.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20210110_235842469 small.jpg
    PXL_20210110_235842469 small.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 83
We had a late lunch / early dinner of Dwaeji bulgogi or Korean spicy grilled pork.

Attachments

• Spicy Pork 2.jpg
    Spicy Pork 2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 71
Everyone's meals look wonderful!

Pierogi are fun to make - once you develop the process. My friend and I decided that we would make some pierogi after work on a Friday night. His wife came up with a filling as did the two of us. Three flavors of pierogi! Well, long story short, at the end of Friday, we had made 1 very ugly pierogi. Move to Sunday, we continued to work on the dough and got rid of the little pierogi maker that my friend had. Instead, we used my ravioli mold to make pierogi. Annnnd by the time we really learned how to make this work, it was mid-afternoon on Sunday. But they were really good!

CG, yours look great! Do you have a specific way to make them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom