Cocktails Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
At our most recent Neighborhood Gal Pal Card Game Gathering,
I got a request to make up some Cosmopolitans :ermm:
I only drink Wine, so I had to look that one up.
DH doesn't drink at all (well, very very rarely he'll have a Beer),
but I do have a pretty good collection of adult beverages,
should someone want one....
I found a 'recipe' and went to work.

IMG_0227.jpg

I made enough for 4 Cocktails and they were all gone
by the time the we all went home.
:LOL:

Cocktails? Funny you should ask. :)

We gave the Craft Ice thing a good test tonight. Neither of us really like the "taste" of alcohol, but we can enjoy occasional drinks. The bourbon was one Frank received for Christmas. It is pretty mellow with undertones of cherry and vanilla without being very smoky. Ice really brought out the undertones. Frank had bourbon and coke after giving the bourbon a taste test. For me, I made cranberry sours. It has a squeeze of lemon, 3 ounces of cranberry juice, 1 ounce of bourbon, and a teaspoon of sugar. Mix it and pour it over ice. Quite nice.

Attachments

• craft ice.jpg
    craft ice.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 109
One of my favourite cocktails is whisky (or whiskey) and chocolate. It could be with crème de cacao or it could be with chocolate milk or cold hot chocolate. In any case, chocolate, milk or cream, and whisky together is delicious. N.b., it's better cold than warm.

I mostly drink wine, but I do like an occasional cocktail. Every year for Christmas, DH gives me a bottle of Lady Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur and one of Frangelico hazelnut liqueur. I usually have a small glass as a nightcap, but, since I don't like plain champagne or Prosecco, I make a Prosecco cocktail - a bellini - for special occasions, with a couple ounces of Frangelico.

In the summer, I like a margarita or a Cosmo. Cranberry juice is too tart for me, so I use apple-cranberry.

And I like to make different sangrias for get-togethers - a peach one in the summer and one with apple cider and applejack brandy in the fall.

I've never really cared for any of the "dark" liquors,
like Bourbon or Whiskey.
My Father loved Scotch on the rocks.
This past Christmas I received one of those tiny
one-shot bottles of acoupla different adult beverages.
DH and I tried the Fire Ball and that was tasty,
but we both said even just sharing that single
shot, neat, we had headaches :LOL:

Cocktails? Funny you should ask. :)

We gave the Craft Ice thing a good test tonight. Neither of us really like the "taste" of alcohol, but we can enjoy occasional drinks. The bourbon was one Frank received for Christmas. It is pretty mellow with undertones of cherry and vanilla without being very smoky. Ice really brought out the undertones. Frank had bourbon and coke after giving the bourbon a taste test. For me, I made cranberry sours. It has a squeeze of lemon, 3 ounces of cranberry juice, 1 ounce of bourbon, and a teaspoon of sugar. Mix it and pour it over ice. Quite nice.

Kathleen, could you show us just the Craft Ice?
That sounds really interesting.

I like cocktails:)

Lately I have been making apple cider margaritas, and still have a lot of cider in stock. Need to finish some eggnog with Drambuie. Or might just have a screwdriver tonight.

I tried to make Cosmos a while back but was never satisfied with my results. That is my drink of choice at one particular dance venue and I can't make it as good as they make them. Fond memories; back in March we had reservations for dinner and dancing and the morning of, the dance was cancelled due to Covid. The venue is Old Martinas Hall, Old Martina's Hall - Ranchos de Taos, New Mexico - Landmark Restaurant, Dance Hall & Full Bar and it is still closed:(

Kathleen, could you show us just the Craft Ice?
That sounds really interesting.

Sure! It will either make several ice balls per day or three if you want them extra crystal clear. Here is a photo of them in the ice tray. We are not setting for crystal clear right now. :) You can purchase like a ten dollar mold to make these as well. The advantage is that it melts really slowly. They are two inches in diameter.

Attachments

• craft ice from fridge.jpg
    craft ice from fridge.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 81
I like cocktails:)

Lately I have been making apple cider margaritas, and still have a lot of cider in stock. Need to finish some eggnog with Drambuie. Or might just have a screwdriver tonight.

I tried to make Cosmos a while back but was never satisfied with my results. That is my drink of choice at one particular dance venue and I can't make it as good as they make them. Fond memories; back in March we had reservations for dinner and dancing and the morning of, the dance was cancelled due to Covid. The venue is Old Martinas Hall, Old Martina's Hall - Ranchos de Taos, New Mexico - Landmark Restaurant, Dance Hall & Full Bar and it is still closed:(

My husband and I were in Taos some years back and we poked our heads in to this place, neato!

Have you ever....?

Long day of drinking coffee... went to the fridge, got the milk, poured it

and slowly watched the milk curdle as it mixed in with my wine...

:shock: :stuart: :bangin:

Back
Top Bottom