Dinner Thread for Thursday - 2/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Buffalo Wings, Air Fries, Steamed Cauliflower.......

Wings, Buffalo.jpg

Another meal I make when my SO is out of town. It's one of my very favorites!

Herb crusted rack of lamb and bulgar pilaf.

Attachments

• DD9A4ECA-D187-4B02-AF6E-F68595249CD8_1_105_c.jpg
    DD9A4ECA-D187-4B02-AF6E-F68595249CD8_1_105_c.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 47
I'm dealing with postdrome from last night's migraine. So, I'm really glad I planned something easy for tonight's supper. I reheated the other half of the tartiflette I made Sunday. Earlier this week, I had made up a batch of the harder things I add to salads: sliced carrots, chopped celery, sliced daikon radish, sliced sunchokes, etc. There was enough to add to four or five salads, when added to the leafy salad ingredients. So, the salad was really easy. I have some vinaigrette in the fridge, that I make by the batch. Supper was delicious and easy peasy. Definitely a comfort food.

Attachments

• PXL_20210225_231117258 small.jpg
    PXL_20210225_231117258 small.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 39
We had tostadas with the last BBQ pork chop. I shredded it up and added some BBQ sauce to it. I put it on top of a generous schmear of refried beans, sprinkled cheddar cheese on top of the pork, then added a final layer of coleslaw. I found a recipe that used apple cider and lime juice in it - Himself liked it a lot.
IMG_20210225_210050513.jpg

Last edited:
Had plans for breakfast for dinner biscuits and gravy. Day snacking made us less hungry so, we settled for a ham and cheese, on sour dough sandwich w/chips.

Mini cream puffs were dessert. Always room for dessert. :ermm:

Biscuits and gravy will be Friday breakfast.

Ross

I made chicken schnitzel and, for the first time successfully, SPÄTZLE! [emoji16] I was so happy it worked out. The first time I tried to make them, they dissolved when they hit the boiling water. I made caramelized onion gravy to go with them and braised green beans alongside.
20210225_201437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom