Copy Me That Data Breach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Cooking

Master Chef
There has been mention Of Copy Me That, in a thread or two lately,

This morning, I received the following email;

Copy Me That hello@copymethat.com via amazonses.com

Wed, Mar 3, 6:15 PM (11 hours ago)

to me
Account affected by data breach
This is to notify you that Copy Me That had a data breach a few days ago. Your account was, unfortunately, affected. This means that hackers now have the email address that you provided to Copy Me That, as well as other information from your account (recipes, meal plans, shopping lists). Your password should still be secure as it is stored in a manner that is considered safe from hackers (Django's PBKDF2 algorithm with a SHA256 hash). However, you may still want to change your password anywhere that you used the same email/password combination, especially if your password might be guessable or common. No credit card information was stolen. All payments are handled through our partners (Paypal and Stripe), which means that Copy Me That never sees anyone's personal payment information.
I am so sorry that this criminal activity happened. We have, of course, fixed the vulnerability that caused the data breach and have also gone through our systems to verify that there aren't other vulnerabilities.
Sincerely,
Tine
(Founder, Copy Me That)
Our mailing address is:
Copy Me That, 117 Vose Ave, South Orange NJ 07079, USA

I'm a bit confused, in that I know I have visited the site but, don't recall joining. :ermm:

Ross

Ross, I guess you must have given them your email address at some point.

I got the same email yesterday. I checked on ';--have i been pwned?. The email address that I use at Copy Me That doesn't seem to have been in any known breaches, yet. So, now I'm very curious.

Ross, I guess you must have given them your email address at some point.

I got the same email yesterday. I checked on ';--have i been pwned?. The email address that I use at Copy Me That doesn't seem to have been in any known breaches, yet. So, now I'm very curious.

I just checked with that "pwned" site. Nothing reported on my email addy either.

Ross

I received the same email, but I signed up through the app. My confusion lies in the fact that the app has been shut down for some time...

I think someone mentioned a website? I didn't even know there was a website, huh!

I received the same email, but I signed up through the app. My confusion lies in the fact that the app has been shut down for some time...

I think someone mentioned a website? I didn't even know there was a website, huh!

Welcome to Discuss Cooking.

It's only the app on Apple devices that is gone. They are working on it. The Android app works fine.

I mostly use the website. I use the app on my tablet, while I'm cooking. Here's the link to the site: Copy Me That

I did not join via facebook, and I didn't get the email. I did, however, join.
Odd. If hacked, they will like Taxy's soup recipe that I nabbed. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom