What do you use on your hard boiled eggs to give them flavor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
  • If I'm putting them in a salad, then nothing. They will get some of the dressing.
  • If I'm having a sandwich, usually just salt and pepper. Sometimes an anchovy and pepper, with only the salt in the anchovy.
  • If for devilled eggs, then it depends on my mood, but always mustard powder, salt (when I don't use fish sauce), mayo. Usually also onion and garlic (finely minced or powder) and fish sauce or anchovy paste, often celery powder or seeds, Worcestershire, sometimes a splash of hot sauce. Usually topped with hot or smoked paprika. There could be other stuff too, if the mood strikes me.

Last edited:
I enjoy it as it is. Some people like them with fried onions etc., but not for me. But I am particular about how I boil the egg. I want them not too hard. Just a few seconds past runny.

I eat them as is or tuck a few thin slices into a sandwich.

I also add them to tuna and make a low-carb macaroni-free salad with onion, green pepper, green olives, mayonnaise, etc...

I like HB eggs sliced on toast with a little mayo and S&P. Now, if I go all the way and make egg salad, then I add other things, green onion, sliced olives, pickle relish, on a bed of lettuce on toast, good tomato slices, crumbled bacon , >> not everything in one sandwich though.

I like HB eggs sliced on toast with a little mayo and S&P. Now, if I go all the way and make egg salad, then I add other things, green onion, sliced olives, pickle relish, on a bed of lettuce on toast, good tomato slices, crumbled bacon , >> not everything in one sandwich though.

Now I would put all of that on one sandwich...:pig::pig:

I wish all you egg lovers lived close. My hens are giving me more eggs than I can eat or give away. I have 6 dogs and a couple times a week I give them each a raw egg in the shell.

With my move coming up, I didn't sell the last couple of dozen eggs from my hens - Now that they are gone and once the eggs are gone...

I'm gonna wish I was closer to you too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom