My New Blender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Looking forward to reading what you think of it, once you have tried it. Any idea what you want to try first?

I've heard good reviews about that, Chief! Made in Japan, if I recall, and very much like the VM. Not sure about whether they have a different container, that is better for dry ing., but I'm sure you know more about it, since you bought it!

Here's a tip - get some hearing protection earmuffs, to put on the counter next to it. I have that, especially for grinding those dry things, as it can be loud!

I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it - I use my VM more than my FP, but, of course, they are for mostly different purposes.

High power blenders are awesome. At work I'd do citrus herb marinades for chicken with a Vitamix, I'd put whole lemons, bundles of fresh herbs, olive oil and whole cloves of garlic and this machine obliterated the rind, seeds and everything into a nicely emulsified marinade with a real lemon kick.

Hey Chief…

I've read some pretty good things about this company, so please let us know how you like it. About the only consistent complaint I have seen is that its "low" speed isn't close to being low (about 10k RPM), so you may have trouble with cavitation with some mixes and/or achieving chunky textures.

As for rice milk… I've used leftover cooked long grain white and brown rice with great results.

Miy cheese muslin strainer cloth should get here in the mail today. Noq, I just have purchased a 1 qt. container to put the rice milk in. I'll let everyone know the results.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The Cleanblend blender worked as advertised, i.e. very easy to use, really powerful, and made my rice milk so cream-smooth, it feels like cream in the mouth. When I strained it through tight weave straining cloth, the were no starch, or rice solids in the cloth. I am very satisfied with this powerful blender.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Glad you are so satisfied with your new blender, Chief! And you just discovered something about these super-blenders, that makes them so useful - they grind up things so fine that you don't have to strain them! If you make a lot of Mexican sauces, many of which start out with dried chiles, with tough skins, plus seeds, normally, after blending in a regular blender, then straining, about a tablespoon, sometimes more, of seeds and pieces of skin will remain in the strainer. Since I've had the Vitamix, I have not had to do this. The first couple of times I did this, everything went through the strainer, so I realized, it was all totally ground up! Sometimes a little more water is needed, for the paste to circulate, since it is thickening even more, but you figure these things out as you go along.

Back
Top Bottom