Beef and Cheese Enchiladas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
I am going to try this recipe tonight. I like the idea of the sour cream mixed in with the sauce.

BEEF AND CHEESE ENCHILADAS

2 (10 oz.) cans enchilada sauce
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
12 corn tortillas

In a skillet, blend sauce with sour cream; heat until simmering. Dip tortillas, one at a time, in mixture to cover; place in a bowl and pour sauce over all. Set aside and let stand to soften.

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 sm. green pepper, diced (optional)
Picante sauce to taste
1 lb. or more Monterey Jack cheese, cut lengthwise into 12 strips
Cheddar cheese, grated

Brown beef, adding onion (and pepper) early enough to cook until tender; drain fat. Add hot sauce and mix well.

Assemble enchiladas in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Place part of the meat mixture on each tortilla; top with a strip of cheese. Roll to enclose filling. Place tortilla, seam side down. When all tortillas are rolled, pour remaining sauce and any meat leftover on top of enchiladas. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with additional picante sauce.

http://www.wineintro.com/sangria/

OK, this recipe turned out really good. I really don't have much to compare it to though, since I usually make sour cream enchiladas and not beef. Here are the changes that I made to the recipe. The only thing I think I would change if I could would be to use a homemade enchilada sauce, I think the canned kind is very strong. All in all though, great recipe.

I used flour tortillas and not corn, therefore, I did not dredge them in the sauce. I just poured the sauce over before putting in the oven. I also added a tad bit more sour cream to the sauce.

In the beef I added a little cumin

In the tortillas I added black bean dip.

I also did not use as much jack cheese inside the tortillas so I ended up grating a whole bunch on top before putting in oven.

I served this with fresh tomatoes on top.

Back
Top Bottom