Friday, April 30th, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Gumbo z'herbes with andouille. I found a bag of this in the bottom of the deep freezer. Didn't take a pic. Corn muffins with corn kernels in them to go with.

Last edited:
Fishin' in the Kitchen 4/30

Where in the world did THAT month slide off to ...........

Fried Tilapia Fillets , Roasted Baby Reds, Veggie Mix .........

Tilapia, Fried.jpg

Nobody's having dinner but us? Or have we gotten to be the early dining old folks?

A friend that's in town took us to Maggianos. This is the first time that we've been in a restaurant since march of last year. We're all 2 weeks post second shot, and the restaurant had the tables very well spread out, we felt pretty safe. It was so nice eating food that I didn't have to cook and have a blast with friends. Got to feel "normal" for a bit, it was nice.

Dining out. What a quaint thing to do, bakechef! We're going to do that on May 13th. That's when we'll both be fully ripe, to use Andy's expression.

In the meantime, I made a shrimp boil for tonight's dinner. Easy enough to make with 1 1/2 arms. The one that got the second dose yesterday is still really sore.

IMG_20210430_214937169_HDR.jpg

CG, that looks awesome!

TB had a GF pizza. I make the sauce and chop all the toppings while he pre-cooks the shell, and puts it together with the way he wants. I have really been off pizza lately, GF or not. Even a veggie one doesn't thrill me.

I had a bowl of wonton soup with green onions added just at the end of cooking time.

We ordered from our favourite Greek place, La Porte Grecque. That was really good. I had forgotten how good their food is. I had a souvlaki platter. The seasoning was soooo good. DH had a chicken brochette platter. And we shared a starter of dolmadakia (stuffed vine leaves) in lemon sauce.

We had leftovers - but since I did not post the day I made the meal, I'll post a picture today. Grape leaves with an egg-lemon sauce, village salad and an attempt at making these potatoes. It's back to the drawing board on the potatoes but everything else turned out well.

Attachments

• 2021-04-28 18.24.10.jpg
    2021-04-28 18.24.10.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 41
We had leftovers - but since I did not post the day I made the meal, I'll post a picture today. Grape leaves with an egg-lemon sauce, village salad and an attempt at making these potatoes. It's back to the drawing board on the potatoes but everything else turned out well.

Looks good. You made your own dolmadakia? Wow! I'm impressed.

Thanks! I do make my own along with my own avgolemono sauce. I found that it does not take too long to assemble. But assembly along with an hour to cook and an hour to rest adds up. They reheat well.

I'm fortunate to have a Greek wholesaler near by. I get olive oils, jars of leaves, entire octopi, lamb chops, etc. along with many kinds of olives and ah-mazing feta from the place. Since I could easily find ingredients, I have enjoyed making them along with other Greek foods.

DH went golfing with friends. When he came home, I made a pan-seared New York strip, which we shared, along with air-fried steak fries and a big garden salad.
20210430_204923.jpg

Back
Top Bottom