Thursday, May 20, 2021, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Pizza, Margherita and, even though it looks like mushrooms in pic, porchetta over a bed of sweated leeks. Fresh mozzarella and garlic oil brushed crusts.

We bought the crusts because they were on BOGO and I didn't want to mess with making the crusts. Stone Fire, 2 to a package. Not too bad. Still prefer homemade, but not bad at all.

Attachments

• 2021-05-20 19.12.54.jpg
    2021-05-20 19.12.54.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 67
I didn't know how much I would be able to do. I used up the last of some roasted chicken breast by making a chicken salad, the kind you put on bread. I often use that kind of salad as a component in a meal salad. Well, that worked out. I didn't have the spoons to make a meal salad, but we had the chicken salad on bread. I make the salad with diced chicken, chopped celery, and chopped scallions. I make it at least half veg, by volume. Usually make it equal parts by volume. Well, today was the half veg. I cleared out the last of the celery and most of the scallions. Worked out well.

Our thought was breakfast for dinner.

I put some bacon on to fry and pulled ingredients for waffles out of the pantry.

Then I had complete brain freeze and used the wrong portion of wet to dry ingredients. Ended up with thick, cake like waffles. :ermm:

Not my best effort. :(

Ross

Back
Top Bottom