Monday\Again - What's Cookin' 5/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Baked, Sliced Pork Tenderloin, Skillet Fried Yukons, Cheesy Cauliflower..........

Pork Tenderloin , Sliced.jpg

Chicken Parmesan, steamed broccoli, linguine with vodka sauce.

chicken_parmesan_052421_IMG_8148.jpg

I was going to roast some marinated chicken breasts. But, I pooped myself out. I find that bending over is easy enough, but doing anything while bent over poops me right out. Anyhoo, I bent over to get the Corningwear small, round casserole with a lid that I usually use for marinating meat. But, then I noticed that the chicken leg was too long to fit. So, I put it back and picked up the slightly larger square one. By the time I was standing straight again, I was exhausted. So, I sat down for a few minutes to see if I would get back any energy, but nope, no luck. So, we ordered out. We haven't ordered Italian for a while, so we got food from our favourite Italian resto.

DH got Penne Romanoff: Penne pasta with rosé sauce, vodka, black peppers, mushrooms, and shallots. And I got Fettucini alla Giovanni: Cream, branndy, shallots, ground pepper, portobello mushrooms, pesto, pancetta (italian bacon), sundried tomatoes and Kalamata black olives, except I asked for no tomatoes.

Deeeelicious, but far too much food. There are lots of leftovers. (yay!)

it's halibut season here... fish tacos are on the menu :)

I love halibut! It is one of the things I miss about living on the West Coast.

We had hot Italian Sausage sandwiches. The sausages were grilled. The sauce was tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, and onions reduced down to nearly a paste. Cover the sauce and sausage with provolone cheese, and then put it back on the grill to let the cheese melt. Banana pudding for dessert.

I was planning pork tenderloin in the Instant Pot with spaghetti squash, asparagus and salad. But TB wasn't feeling well and slept until almost 7. I got hungry and had a sausage roll and salad.

When he got up he made himself a burger.

This was Monday's dinner.

German style pork shanks, rotkohl and mashed potatoes.

36788-albums1159-picture8613-jpg.64155

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom