Friday in the Kitchen - 6/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
The Odd Couple ;
Smokehouse Maple-Rubbed Chicken Thigh (Air Fryer), Salt & Pepper Shrimp, fried in Duck Fat,
Parsley-ed Potatoes, Lefty Corn...........

Chicken Thight, S&P Shrimp, A.jpg

I made supper salads. I added a little bit of that rhubarb I have and I guess I didn't add enough, because I didn't really taste it in the salad. I had tasted it before putting it in the salad and it had a wonderful flavour with quite a tart zing. I also tried adding mung bean sprouts and they just disappeared in the salad. Not really worth the effort of taking off all the little roots and par-blanching them. There was chicken, hard cooked eggs, and chèvre as proteins. All topped with ranchoid dressing.

Stirling's first serving:

Salad with egg, chicken, and chèvre, Sti small.jpg

And my plate:

Salad with egg, chicken, and chèvre, Linda small.jpg

DH wanted to make my birthday dinner, so we had grilled steak, corn on the cob and baked grape tomatoes with feta and snap peas from my neighbor's garden. I only ate about half of the corn and steak last night [emoji16]

Dinner
20210604_205125.jpg
Perfectly cooked!
20210604_205608.jpg
Store-bought carrot cake for dessert (he's not a baker :wub:)
20210604_222843.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, no pictures. DD (P.A.G.) made medium rare yellow fin tuna steaks, wonderful celery root/ cucumber/cilantro slaw with her own recipe for slaw dressing (exceptional), and Tom Yum soup, that after half a bowl, even had me looking for something cold to quench the fire.

Iit was really tasty, and required me to chop celery leaves, cilantro, Thai Basil, King Boletes, and King Trumpet mushrooms. I also peeled, and grated the celery root. Helping her prep made me feel great. Eating the results was just as good, even if my mouth was on fire for a couple of minutes:LOL:.

.Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom